Atom 2.0 NDL Times Does not match Manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gpulsar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My NDL times on air for the first dive shows at 80 feet 26 minutes and on the manual it says 32 minutes which is closer to PADI time limits...I do not have conservative on either....Can anyone explain?

No I am actually at sea level in Puerto Rico Carribbean and I will call Customer Service. Has the Atom had issues incorrectly calculating Altitude?

I'm not sure what it is you're asking.

What do you mean by "on the manual it says 32 minutes"?

I verified with Oceanic Tech and he informed me that my unit needs to be De-tuned in order to calculate properly the time based on the NDL Tables.....Basically what is happening is that my unit is acting Conservative without that option being on and If I do turn it on then it really becomes Super conservative dropping from 32 to 21 minutes dives at 80 ft. I am using the NDL Table on the Owners Manual, which shows what the computer should calculate if there is no altitude. I already have the unit ready to go back under warranty. The guys there are really helpful...I noticed this when My buddy and I where going down and we both have the same computer. I got an earlier alarm than he did and that did not seem right since we were close together, I know there is variation but not 6 minutes....I hope this helps others which may have not noticed this....

Gotcha!

Yes, the folks at Oceanic service are great! They'll fix it and get it back to you in a flash.

Oceanic fixed the problem....They sent me a new computer with updated software. It seems to be related with altitude. But I tested it with my other computer and it matched exactly throughout the dive.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom