Atom/GEO Stopwatch Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goodeatsfan

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know if the Stopwatch function in the Geo/Atom/Atom2.0 can be accessed when in Dive or Gauge mode?

My dealer says it can't but I want to be sure. I mean the function's there, why can't I? Doesn't make sense..... Anyone?

With the Atom 1.0, you can't access/use the stopwatch during a dive (in gauge mode or "regular" mode). However, with the Geo and Atom 2.0's Free Dive Mode, even though there is no stopwatch function available during a dive, dive time is displayed in seconds and minutes so you can use it to accurately time your stops. I really wouldn't buy an Atom 2.0 just for the Free Dive Mode though...

goodeatsfan:
hi vie! wat's your recommendation?

I just noticed that this is the Oceanic forum... I really shouldn't be posting here ahead of Doug and other Oceanic folks... PM sent.

What's the difference between free-dive mode and Gauge mode then?

I believe the Free Dive will enter the deco/saturation data into the profile while in the gauge mode it doesn't do that (Just a Counter)

Back
Top Bottom