Atomic B1/T2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rds4640

Contributor
Reaction score
I have narrowed it down to this reg I think. It was between that and the SP mk25/G250hp. Now that I've decided on the Atomic, does anyone have any gripes about it or anything I should know.
Thanks.

Mine used to breath very wet when inverted, according to atomic this was an issue caused by the material they used for the diaphragm on a small number of regulators. The local atomic dealer replaced the diaphragm at no cost.
I've spoken to a number of other atomic owners and none of them had the same issue, but you did ask :)

Just out of curiousity, why not the M1?

Like with dive computers, the best brand is the one you own. I have a Atomics B1/T1, so of course it is the best! Seriously, though, there are lots of good regs out there from many manufacturers.

My B1/T1 has very low work of breathing, really smooth. Reasonably dry in all attitudes -- breathed dry even when out of boredom I decided to do a safety upside down vertically.

Although it has a 2 year service interval, twice now I've had it serviced around 12 months, 100 dives/ 80 hours due to minor IP creep.

Z1 is less expensive alternative and all you really lose is the LP swivel and the 2 year service interval. M1 is a newer model that might have some improvements over B1/T1, but I don't know for sure.

Charlie

I actually bought the SP G250HP/MK25. The reason was because of warrenty. SP does the parts for life deal and Atomic does not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom