Atomic B2 swivel and miflex hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the very detailed instructions, BKP! Even I should be able to do this. Scubatoys, here I come!

Okay, did the replacement of the swivel hose on my Atomic B2 with the Miflex, and it worked just fine.

Here's what you need, and what you need to do:

2745650214_085db1e7ef_m.jpg

There are two pieces to remove from the (blue) B2, as pictured above:
- You remove the swivel hose (seems obvious, just by unscrewing the hose, which removes the ball joint and attached hose).
- Then you remove the piece shown in the pic between the 2nd stage and the swivel hose. This is done by gently prying up the rubber trim ring, and using a wrench to unscrew it (you'll see wrench notches under the rubber trim ring to accomplish this).
- At this point you can see the B2 compared to a standard reg (Apex above), and both have the same size threaded posts. However, the B2 post is longer.
- To compensate for the longer post on the B2 you'll need the jamb nut spacer, available from ScubaToys for $7.95 (minus your 10%), pictured below the B2 threaded post.
- All that's left to do, is remove the O-ring left on the B2 threaded post (you don't need it with a standard hose), screw on the jamb nut tightly, and screw on your Miflex.

Works like a charm...

Dive safe...

Hope you can help!!!

So I got the 5' Miflex and spacer nut from ST. I undid the attachment of my comfort swivel hose to the ST1 regulator.

However, I can seem to get that adapter (the piece that you removed that is in your pic) removed with a 11/16 wrench. How much torque did you use? Maybe my wrench is too thin. I am afraid to use an adjustable wrench.

The first photo is the Atomic hose removed from the ST1 reg. The spacer nut that was provided threads onto the reg but I guess it would destroy the O ring since there is no space for the O ring to be seated. Of course the screw at the end of the Miflex also thredas onto the reg but won't go all the way in. So, as I just mentioned I thought I could first thread the spacer nut and then screw in the Miflex.

What am I doing wrong? Hope someone can help!

AtomicHose2.jpg

Miflex1.jpg

Thanks!

Sno, you're good.
There's nothing else to remove from your reg (so what are you trying to torque off?).

The small o-ring left on the threaded post attached to your reg should come off.
Then, just screw on the spacer all the way.
The Miflex goes on next, and snug it up tight to the spacer, and you're done!

Dive safe...

P.S. It looks like you simply removed your swivel hose in one piece (I did it in two).

Sno, you're good.
There's nothing else to remove from your reg (so what are you trying to torque off?).

The small o-ring left on the threaded post attached to your reg should come off.
Then, just screw on the spacer all the way.
The Miflex goes on next, and snug it up tight to the spacer, and you're done!

Dive safe...

P.S. It looks like you simply removed your swivel hose in one piece (I did it in two).

Crap. I finally removed that part.

Adapter1.jpg

So then this is wrong, right? I was trying to thread that part to the Miflex but there is no way that it would fit the thread.

Adapter2.jpg

Adapter3.jpg

:) No... you didn't need to remove that part, Sno... the Miflex doesn't mate to it -- it's just part of the swivel hose.

Just take the o-ring off the threaded post on the reg, screw on the spacer nut, then the Miflex, and go diving!

:) No... you didn't need to remove that part, Sno... the Miflex doesn't mate to it -- it's just part of the swivel hose.

Just take the o-ring off the threaded post on the reg, screw on the spacer nut, then the Miflex, and go diving!

Oh, man...um, like this?! D'oh!

Miflex2.jpg

THANK YOU!!!

:14:

Looks like I didn't need to order the spacer nut since there was one on my Ti2. Well, no matter, it was worth the extra $8. I just installed the comfort swivel hose that I took from the ST1 and it replaced the regular hose on the Ti2.

Swivel1.jpg

:14:

hi guys. sorry to dig up such an old thread. hope someone can help.

after reading the instructions above, i tried to get a spacer / nut from Scubatoys, but i dont think they have it anymore.

will any stainless steel nut that fit the thread size do? and if it does, can i ask roughly how thick / wide should it be? my reg is also the B2 with a swivel and im also planning to change to the miflex hose.

thanks in advance!

Teck, I don't think Scubatoys carries them anymore, however, I found this reference on another board:

Jamb Nut P/N 02-0037-00-B
11/16" Socket
Torque 40 in/lbs.

Of course, you want to make sure it's in stainless...

Dive safe...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom