Closed Atomic M1 First and Second Stages - BOUGHT

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pressure Group X:

I have an Atomic M1 second stage that I have not used for about 1.5-2.0 years. The second stage is fully functional. The knob used to have some rubber inlaid pads, which came off. I just colored the area silver, which you can see in the photos. I used this second stage on a deco regulator.

View attachment 589005 View attachment 589006 View attachment 589007 View attachment 589008

If you're interested how about $85.00 including shipping within the CONUS. PM, if you're interested.

Thanks,
O.

I really appreciate the offer but I think I’m going to just buy a new one given that difference between adding a hose and getting this one serviced etc would only be about $50...

If you get the yoke model offered here and would like to swap the yoke fitting for a used DIN fitting that I have, just let me know...

I literally just bought a new one last night...I will be looking for an alternate though. I prefer a second gray secondary versus the yellow octo if you have any M1s.

could use some advice too...seems like used regs are difficult to price because of the $50 service needed and other things they all seem to need. I am still very new to diving and do not have enough experience with regs to feel comfortable purchasing used and inspecting myself for safety. Not sure how to find the used reg at the price that makes it worth buying used cars new...

Your name came to me from another SB member as highly reputable and trustworthy so I thought I might run that question by you...

I literally just bought a new one last night...I will be looking for an alternate though. I prefer a second gray secondary versus the yellow octo if you have any M1s.

could use some advice too...seems like used regs are difficult to price because of the $50 service needed and other things they all seem to need. I am still very new to diving and do not have enough experience with regs to feel comfortable purchasing used and inspecting myself for safety. Not sure how to find the used reg at the price that makes it worth buying used cars new...

Your name came to me from another SB member as highly reputable and trustworthy so I thought I might run that question by you...
Who are you asking?

Thanks for the kind words, there are great Scubaboard members here with a lot of experience, that are generous with their advice. Lexvil is certainly one of them, and I think I can speak for him when I say we are happy to help with any questions.

Of all the Atomics I bought used, none actually needed servicing right away, and the ones I eventually serviced or had serviced were restored to like new condition. I had some vintage regs from other brands that needed spring and lever swaps and still only breathed ok. This SB checklist is a good starting point when evaluating regs: Regulator Inspection and Checklist

If you don't do cold water diving or Nitrox with > 40 % O2, then a Z1 or Z2 2nd stage for under $100 might suffice.

Geo is spot with the reg check list list, buy a small intermediate pressure gauge, $10-$15. When buying a used reg look for corrosion (green), mineral deposits, missing chrome. On a second I look at the adjustment knob. If looks like a dog chewed on it then the reg was drug around on the boat. All else fails post up picks and ask folks their thoughts. Oddly though some do that afterwards which is kinda defeats the purpose.

Geo is spot with the reg check list list, buy a small intermediate pressure gauge, $10-$15. When buying a used reg look for corrosion (green), mineral deposits, missing chrome. On a second I look at the adjustment knob. If looks like a dog chewed on it then the reg was drug around on the boat. All else fails post up picks and ask folks their thoughts. Oddly though some do that afterwards which is kinda defeats the purpose.

Appreciate all the insight...

If you get the yoke model offered here and would like to swap the yoke fitting for a used DIN fitting that I have, just let me know...
If you're in need of a yoke fitting and want to trade, I've got one (and am pretty local).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom