atomic regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chewslife2

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm buying my first set of regs,and with all the research and question asking I've been able to do I've decided to go with atomic.I'm going with a B2 1st & 2nd & a Z2 octo.The only argument anyone has been able to give me against atomic is it is a little pricey.I'm of the opinion you usually get what you pay for,but I was wondering if anyone has anything bad to say about these regulators,I'm a new diver and can appreciate advice.
thx
Robert

no, these regulators are the best...They are your life support system (how could you not pay enough for them?) I'm personally going to go with the B2 or T2 with the SS1, ditching the octo altogether...They are really awesome regs!

good luck!

Jack

You will not be disappointed !!!

the K

chewslife2:
I'm buying my first set of regs,and with all the research and question asking I've been able to do I've decided to go with atomic.I'm going with a B2 1st & 2nd & a Z2 octo.The only argument anyone has been able to give me against atomic is it is a little pricey.I'm of the opinion you usually get what you pay for,but I was wondering if anyone has anything bad to say about these regulators,I'm a new diver and can appreciate advice.
thx
Robert

I own two Atomic B2 regulators and 3 Atomic SS1 safe seconds (as opposed to octopus). My wife and I have the B2 and SS1 combination.

The third SS1 is used by my daughter with her ScubaPro MK25Sa regulator. The MK25SA was originally my regulator and became my daughter's when she got certified. My LDS was no an Atomic dealer at the time I became certified. I added the Atomic swivel hose to this regulator for my daughter.

I have had no problems whatsoever with any of the three regulators. The SS1 makes keeping the interior of the BC in good shape very easy since you can just unscrew the SS1 and flood the interior of the BC with fresh water. We did this after every dive in Curacao last year.

You will be very happy with your choice of the Atomic regulator. The deepest I have been with the Atomic B2 in 1005 feet. The regulator breaths the same at 105 feet as it does at 10 feet.

I own and have used my Atomic B1 for many years now. It has performed flawlessly and been and easy breather (ms?) from day one.

The con: The price. The Price. Did I mention that the damn thing cost too much?!

There are many other regs on the market that perform right along side my B1 at about 1/3 the price.

I bought a "cheap" GS 2000 (made by Genesis) for about $199.00. If you don't mind the first stage weighing an extra lb more than my atomic, it performs (breathing) just as well as my B1 ( It appears to me that Atomic has thinned the first stage housing to achieve this weight saving.... be careful NOT to over tighten any of the hoses!). The GS second stage just barely weighs more than my B1.

I'm not sold on the idea that you have to pay BIG to get quality.

Like the OP, I too am looking to purchase an Atomic reg. I am torn between the B2 and T2. I've read wonderful reviews about the B2, and I know that the T2 is more than twice the price of the B2. However, the one thing keeping me from just getting the B2, is that in the scuba diving mag reviews, the B2 got 58/70 for ergo score, while the T2 got 68/70. That is clearly a much better score. But is it $800 worth better? Would love to know people's thoughts on that.

Personally, and I hope no one takes this as a personal affront, I think the T1 is just one more instance of conspicuous consumerism.

the K

If all the review scores of the T2 were the same as the B2, I'd be saying the same things. But I really want to know why the T2 got such better ergo scores.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom