Atomic SS1 as inflator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pj5

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone who has replaced their inflator hose with an Atomic SS1, how would you rate the inflator hose operation?

My son and I both dive with Atomic SS1 (stainless steel) safe seconds, which combine the BC inflator and octo, along a single HP hose. We really like this streamlined configuration and strongly recommend it. The SS1 breathes well and performs reliably. However, breathing on the SS1, out of the water, produces a funny honking noise. The inflator function works well. I have never confused the buttons or had any malfunctions. Nevertheless, buddy breathing, while ascending & deflating the BC is somewhat unusual. I would recommend that you practice this procedure with your buddy for familiarization. I really appreciate the way that the SS1 easily unscrews and packs away in your regulator bag.

The inflate and deflate buttons on the SS1 are the best and easiest to use and easy to hold down. I have an Air2 for my 2nd bc but the SS1 is far better!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom