Atomic Ultraclear mask strap slipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

747pilot

Reaction score
Anybody have a problem with the new Atomic Aquatics mask? My strap on the right side of the mask (only the right side) slips so bad, I had to tie a knot in the remainder to "save the dive" yesterday. BTW, the mask is awesome otherwise. I think I need to have the LDS where I bought it look at it. It only has about 10 dives on it. Thanks

I have Atomic Ultraclear mask and I never had the problem at all. I used the mask neoprene strap for just my comfort. Either way, never had any problem with my mask. Sorry to hear that you have an issue with it. You should talk with a person who you bought it from.

747 pilot
Sorry to hear about your problems with the Atomic mask. We have sold many and that is the first strap slipping problem that I have heard of. Take it back to your authorized dealer and they should be happy to replace it for you if it is a manufacturer's defect.
If you don't have a local dealer than send it to us and we will inspect it and replace it for you if it is defective.
The Atomic lenses are the best on the market, I'm glad to hear that you like them.
Just curious, is it the Sub-Frame or the Frameless mask and is it the original strap?

The mask is the frameless style. I went to the LDS where I bought it and their answer was to buy a neoprene strap, which I did (hard to be without a mask). It was kinda weird. I'm very mechanically minded and I couldn't see anything wrong with it. Neither could the LDS. Captain Larry, most generous offer. Thank you very much. You're a gentleman.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom