Atomic Z2 nonworking seat saver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Open Ocean Diver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My Z2 rebuilt last year hasn’t been in the water and the seat has taken a set. Wave washers is in place, I tried to blow through the inlet port and couldn’t.

Any ideas from the Atomic guru crowd.

It has been stored connected to a standard LP hose not the supplied Atomic hose.

Attachments

• BC579CEA-FA76-40FC-91E9-789A6C5ED819.jpeg
    BC579CEA-FA76-40FC-91E9-789A6C5ED819.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 8048F6E8-D747-4EA0-8F04-808F9EB3AEB8.jpeg
    8048F6E8-D747-4EA0-8F04-808F9EB3AEB8.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 53
lubed up the Orifice O-ring thinking it was sticking, still no blow through (With a light breath). Next filled up the barrel with water waited 5 min, pushed on the lever water flowed out the inlet tube. I’m guessing I have a weak wave washer if that’s even possible.

I’m no expert or guru…. But, could /
would It have anything to do with being connected to the hose ? was it stored on that hose pressurized ?

I’m no expert or guru…. But, could /
would It have anything to do with being connected to the hose ? was it stored on that hose pressurized ?
I shouldn't of wrote guru in the post, I appreciate ideas from everyone.

No I don’t store pressurized. I just used a magic dowel and picked the orifice out a bit and now I can blow through the tube. So I’m thinking it’s either a bad wave washer unable to separating the sliding orifice from the sleeve or I have the wrong orifice o-ring impeding its movement in the barrel when unpressurized… Is what I’m thinking.

Try putting it the barrel to see if it moves freely, pencil erasers should do it without damage
I removed the orifice left the sleeve in, then put it back like any other orifice pushed in with my thumb and it feels like any other orifice with an O-ring (Fairly tight). To me it doesn’t seem the wave washer would have enough spring force to push the orifice away from the seat.

No problem when outside of the barrel.

1660884623919.jpeg

I removed the orifice left the sleeve in, then put it back like any other orifice pushed in with my thumb and it feels like any other orifice with an O-ring (Fairly tight). To me it doesn’t seem the wave washer would have enough spring force to push the orifice away from the seat.

no problem when outside of the barrel.

Take the o ring off of the orifice and see what happens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom