Attach Petrel AI on BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

srhoque

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello - I am looking for suggestions/options of how to attach the Petrel directly to the BCD. While I understand this is a wrist computer (and hence to be worn on wrist), sometimes I feel more comfortable and safe to have it directly attached to my BCD. Also, I once misplaced the computer in the boat (having it clipped to BCD solves this problem). Thanks for your input!!

I guess a couple of zip ties would work for that. Or maybe some sort of retractor so that you could read it easily when you want to.

If you just want to fasten it to your BC on the boat before and after the dive so that you don't lose it, then you can just clip the wrist straps around any part of the BC until you are ready to dive (that's what I do). Good boat diving etiquette involves keeping all your random gear pieces ship-shape and stowed in one place anyway...

But I think a more important question (and more interesting for this little thread) is this - assuming that you have your original factory issue arms, what is it about a wrist mount that makes you feel uncomfortable and unsafe?

I guess a couple of zip ties would work for that. Or maybe some sort of retractor so that you could read it easily when you want to.

If you just want to fasten it to your BC on the boat before and after the dive so that you don't lose it, then you can just clip the wrist straps around any part of the BC until you are ready to dive (that's what I do). Good boat diving etiquette involves keeping all your random gear pieces ship-shape and stowed in one place anyway...

But I think a more important question (and more interesting for this little thread) is this - assuming that you have your original factory issue arms, what is it about a wrist mount that makes you feel uncomfortable and unsafe?
I do have the factory issue arms. Its not necessarily uncomfortable or unsafe on wrist, its just that when it goes on wrist - you have to remove and put it on a few time. I am clumsy with gear (at times) and hence have misplaced it. On a BCD, it feels more permanent (meaning you can attach it there and forget it), hence my comments...

I do have the factory issue arms. Its not necessarily uncomfortable or unsafe on wrist, its just that when it goes on wrist - you have to remove and put it on a few time. I am clumsy with gear (at times) and hence have misplaced it. On a BCD, it feels more permanent (meaning you can attach it there and forget it), hence my comments...

Fair enough! Dive safe, and make sure whatever you use is secure. That’s a VERY nice dive computer, would be a shame to loose it... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom