Attaching and Removing Diffuser for YS-110 alpha

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hammerhead man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am wondering if there is a simple way of removing and attaching the diffusers on the 110 alpha strobes. On a recent trip I took shots with and without the diffusers. However, taking them off and putting them on underwater is not an easy task. To take them off or put them on, you have to detach the optic cable, lineup the marks on the diffuser, screw them clockwise to the strobe, and then reattach the cable. If you have two strobes, that is a major hassle. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Bill

HI Bill-
Unfortunately, the YS-110 series diffusers were designed for use with mainly SLR systems. Unfortunately, to remove the diffuser the cable must be detached and the diffuser rotated and vice versa for install.

Thanks for your answer. I'm thinking of a possible alternative and would like your thoughts. What if I trim the diffuser sections that slide into the slots of the strobe and then widen and cut the bottom of the diffuser hole for the optic cable. By trimming the sections, the diffuser will not have as much holding it onto the strobe but it would seem that it would be enough to keep it on and then opening the hole at the bottom where the optic cable fits would allow for me to keep it attached.

What do you think?

Regards,

Bill

One other question, the email I received said that a response from TUSA was posted and quoted it as:

"Yes, the SCA-120 boot is available to be ordered by your retailer. Part # is SCA-120-010-BK."

However, when I checked the my website I found the response you posted above. What is the SCA-120 boot?

Regards,

Bill

Back
Top Bottom