Attention All Snorkel Haters!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grouchyturtle

Contributor
Reaction score
I saw a post a while back about where people keep their snorkels while diving.

BUT...

How do all you part time snorkel users attach it to your mask. I got one of those soft flexible snorkels a while back, but I can't seem to find an easy way to attach and remove it from my mask, while in the water with the mask on.

I got one of those velcro quick releases, but it doesn't fit my snorkel.

IIRC, it came with a disposable underwater camera.

It doesn't attach to the mask. I just put the loop over my head. It doesn't really matter whether the front section is on my forehead or below my mask and nose.

It's not all that secure, but if I have it on, then I'm gripping the mouthpiece with my teeth.

My Oceanic Flex snorkel came with a keeper, similar to velcro, but more like solid plastic.

sumguy once bubbled...
My Oceanic Flex snorkel came with a keeper, similar to velcro, but more like solid plastic.
Have you ever tried putting it on in 6' seas? I have enough trouble getting the snorkel clip onto my mask strap when sitting in my hotel room. :wink:
I figure that if I NEED a snorkel, it will be because conditions are nasty on the surface, so one day in 4-6' seas I tried it. (ours was the 1 and only boat that went out of Marathon that day.) That is also why I have a snorkel with a purge valve. They don't work for displacement clearing, but I don't use them for freediving, I use them for comfort in breaking waves. For that, a bottom clearing snorkel is nice.

Rubber band on the head worked fine. Crude, but a lot more effective than taking my mask off and fiddling with a clip or snorkel keeper.

grunzster once bubbled...
I can't seem to find an easy way to attach and remove it from my mask, while in the water with the mask on.

Might I suggest simply sliding it under the mask strap?

-Klaus

Yes, just shove it under the strap. Works like a charm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom