Attention All Snorkel Haters!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never use one while diving and I find a snorkel dangling there at best a nuisance. But I stuff it in a pocket just in case. Mine has a plastic clip that I can attach in the water pretty easily. If things were rough enough to make this a pain I'd do the under the strap thing.

By all means stick with the reg if you can, _especially_ if it's rough. (Being one of those people who usually has >1000 when everyone else comes up after an hour, that hasn't been a problem.)

I always carry my snorkel on my right leg calf in the knife straps. It's just a safety precaution and I hardly ever use it.

The few times I did use it (long surface swims) I just clip it on. It takes a little practise, but is really not that hard. If you inflate your BC properly it makes no difference whether the sea is calm or has 6 foot waves.

In the latter case I would worry about how to get back on the boat...

RB:wacko:

It takes a little practise, but is really not that hard.
I assume you live somewhere where the water is warm?

Try it with a 7mil hood and 4 mil gloves!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom