Attention, Great Lakes Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, I thank you for the support. NetDoc now has a full list of contacts when he gets a chance to read it. We now need to finalize the name ideas (or pick one to start with and change it later).

And Kat, all are welcome! Another thing, I would like ideas for a logo on our web space once we get a name.

I was going to put up a thread with a poll for names, but now the good names are starting to come in, so that can be delayed somewhat. I like that "Polar Bear" theme.

Oh, and Jenny... the Great Lakes are the home of many a "Lost" Vessel. So the word lost could easily be incorporated into a title. Is their any way to come up with the acronym "BRRR"?

Hmm.... I like that Wannabe Polar Bears Dive Club, too!

I just received word that our club is a reality! Hopefully it will be up by Monday.

The preliminary name is still:

Great Lakes Wrecking Crew.

But, I have been assured that the name choice is up to us. If we come up with one that has more support (I will post a vote after this message), I will PM NetDoc and we will use it.

Thanks for your help! We still have a little bit to do though!

I have a poll started. It will close by Wednesday.

But, the good news is that if the sample does not appear to be representative, I will open open up another poll to look at the better club names that I expect to come up. By not representative, I simply mean that if the total number of votes are low and/or the number of posts to the thread indicate that not many have had a chance to see it. I do believe that we will have more fun with this if the majority of us get input as to what we call ourselves. So don't feel forced to vote right now as things are moving quickly.

So let's all have fun with this and get your vote in if you are ready to do so. I will wait, but my vote will be in by Wednesday. I am waiting to see if better ideas come in.

maybe PsychoDivers would be more appropriate for folks that like to chainsaw their way to "water soft 'nuff to dive in". :devious:

A Diver's Got to know their limitations.-->Harry Callahan (paraphrased to meet intent)
"Knowing your limitations is the next best thing to not having any" --- Bob3

I'll definitely be reading about ya'll.

I haven't made any dives in the great lakes yet, but I'm spending this week in Toronto and have happened upon 2 dive documentary's on the great lakes. Both make me want to jump in the water, 'cept the shoreline is frozen just a bit. Lake Ontario is about 2 miles from my hotel.

I WILL dive in the lakes before too long and then have something to offer to the club.

I'm contacting the Doc now Brian. Great idea. I like Wrecking Crew
too.

What's a dry suit?

Add another body to the list. I worked out the time constraints and as soon as Uncle Sam gets my tax return to me I'm getting my OW. After that, Gilboa here I come.

Just found this thread... I think you could count on one or two more members from the Mr. & Mrs. Nitroxbabe household...

DiverBrian, do you still want info PM'd to you? Let me know!

There are no more PM's needed. Thanks for the offers but once the forum went live, the support that we need now is people to use it, LOL!

Excuse me, we need help with the mascot, designing a logo, and website design. I have already volunteered to work on the website, but I can't do much without ideas. It's OUR area, let us make it the best that we can so that we enjoy it.

This forum is like diving. The first question is "Are we having fun?" If not, we should make it so that we do have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom