Attention travelers, assistance needed. Help me select a location!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would also suggest CoCoView in Roatan.

They have the best house reef in the Caribbean, IMO. They have two walls, a sunken freighter and a plane. The water entry is as easy as it gets, like walking out on a beach in Florida. There is an anchor chain, marked with subsurface buoys every 10', that leads you out to the channel marker at about 18' for you SS and is lit up by a strobe at night. From that point the chain continues to the wreck (a 200' freighter). Once at the freighter you can continue to follow the chain to the wall on the other side of the channel. On the boat dives are valet style you equipment and tanks are loaded and all equipment is hooked up and inspected by the DM. After you boat dive they give you about a 1 hour SI then they drop you off on one of the two house walls or the wreck, which ever you like, and you dive your way back to the resort. So right off the bat you're getting basically 4 boat dives a day and thats not counting the unlimited night dives on the house reef from the shore.

For your situation I think that this would probably be your best bet and best value. Last time I was there I had 25 dives in 7 days of diving, but I was pushing it lol (lot of late shallow dives).

Back
Top Bottom