Attn: Swamp Diver - cblount....+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm still awaiting approval on my application to join the Texas Swamp Divers so I can't respond over there yet.

You asked for help identifying your mystery eel from you Bonaire trip. I'm pretty sure it's a Honeycomb Moray, AKA Ocellated Moray. It's not commonly found in the Caribbean but there have been reports of them. They are occasionally found on both Florida coasts and could be abundant in the grass beds.

If you have Humann's ID books, look on page 369. Yours is more yellowish with brown spots but that could be a local coloration.

Dee....

You're approved now. Sorry for the delay, but the system usually informs me that someone is "waiting".

When can you join us for a dive?

I just signed in late last night so you didn't have a chance to see it when I made the previous post.

Beast and I have been talking about coming up and checking out Clear Springs. I enjoyed your photo album of the place! But Athens would be OK too. Last time I was there was last winter when the water was 46 degrees!

I'll get back with ya when I return from Coz.

Definitely let me know when you're coming up and we'll round up the gang and meet you there.

I too am awaiting my Swamp approval, for the past 20 minutes anyway. Quintana Roo, Mexico, whoohoo..the wife and I will be down there the first week in Sept. Let's hope tropical storms and hurricanes stay away.... Weathered CAT4 Keith last year, but still got in some good snorkelin and 2 boatdives, and some good tans to boot!

You'll be in Coz when? I'm leaving Thursday morning and will be back next Monday afternoon...Sept. 6/10.

We'll be at LaCeiba Hotel. Let's get together!

Hey Dee!
Narcosis again, or the old fart syndrone, (crs), but we will be in Mexico the first week of October....still 25 days to go. Have a great time and hope to dive with you guys soon. Have you ever dove/snorkled the caverns (cenotes) on the mainland? If not, it's a must. Hidden worlds is my favorite, Dos Ojos and Bat cave....you gotta see it!

Back
Top Bottom