ATX50 serial number?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny you should ask that question. I am having the same problem with my TX100 2nd stage. My ATX50 octo has the s/n on the bottom edge of the housing. My TX100 1st stage has the s/n on the outside of the valve body. I am beginning to think that the s/n is the same for the 1st and 2nd stages since they come together as a unit called TX100. Can anyone else confirm this?

Originally posted by bwollard
Funny you should ask that question. I am having the same problem with my TX100 2nd stage. My ATX50 octo has the s/n on the bottom edge of the housing. My TX100 1st stage has the s/n on the outside of the valve body. I am beginning to think that the s/n is the same for the 1st and 2nd stages since they come together as a unit called TX100. Can anyone else confirm this?

Yeah - I got a DS4 with an ATX50, already put together from a www supplier - works GREAT! - DS4 has serial in usual spot - on the ATX50 cant find serial number (havent taken mouthpiece off - but looked under) Also ATX50 had no faceplate (no biggie) Gee- Now I even wonder if there's a diff between ATX50 and ATX100 second stages!? BTW- I got NO instructions, warranty, original boxes, or other documentation from the www supplier - just a perfectly assembled regulator...Should I be upset???

BOOinTX

Since you purchased it on the WWW, you probably didn't get a warranty with it. This shouldn't be too much of a problem since the Apeks don't seem to have any problems. I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe have it checked by a LDS and enjoy.

That's really odd. I purchased an ATX50 with an ATX40 octo... all units had serial numbers.

Furthermore... all units came with proper packaging, instructions, warranty information... I purchased through diveinn.com

wheezy

Forget your octo for a moment. Does the ATX50 1st and 2nd stages both have s/n's on them or just the 1st stage? I got mine from an authorized dealer with all paperwork and factory boxes too.

My ATX50 second stage does not appear to have a serial number.

For that my LDS-purchased AirsourceII in the manufacturer's box with warranty card does not have a serial number either...

I would hate to remove the mouthpiece since it is new, never wet. Why would they put it there? My ATX50 octo has it on the lower lip of the housing. I guess i'll have to take a look.

Back
Top Bottom