August 2012 in Cozumel (Its a dry heat....)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, what happened to the meetup at La Choza? I'm there right now, it's 7pm, and no one's around. Angel, the waiter, said he knows nothing about a meetup. He said Baby (or maybe it was Pelon) was in a few hours ago, and said he was tired from diving. Angel also said that one other person stopped by looking for the meetup, and left when there was no one there. Was this canceled without notice? Or is this meetup like the green flash at sunset?

---------- Post Merged at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:04 PM ----------

So in the spirit of "anywhere I am is a party," I decided to stay at LacChoza for a margarita and dinner. I can attest to the fact that the food (the Yucatan chicken) is excellent, that Angel is as friendly and helpful a waiter as you'll find anywhere, and that the margaritas are potent. And here's my offer: If any Scubaboarders show up before 8pm, the first dtnk's on me. The password: "Baby sent me...I can't find Pelon."

By the way, as a first timer to Cozumel - wow! What a great place to five and vacate and dive!

Hey, what happened to the meetup at La Choza? I'm there right now, it's 7pm, and no one's around. Angel, the waiter, said he knows nothing about a meetup. He said Baby (or maybe it was Pelon) was in a few hours ago, and said he was tired from diving. Angel also said that one other person stopped by looking for the meetup, and left when there was no one there. Was this canceled without notice? Or is this meetup like the green flash at sunset?

---------- Post Merged at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:04 PM ----------

So in the spirit of "anywhere I am is a party," I decided to stay at LacChoza for a margarita and dinner. I can attest to the fact that the food (the Yucatan chicken) is excellent, that Angel is as friendly and helpful a waiter as you'll find anywhere, and that the margaritas are potent. And here's my offer: If any Scubaboarders show up before 8pm, the first dtnk's on me. The password: "Baby sent me...I can't find Pelon."

By the way, as a first timer to Cozumel - wow! What a great place to five and vacate and dive!

That's terrible. Party loud enough to make up for the numbers. And get other patrons to wave and take their picture, we will just claim all of them!

Hey, what happened to the meetup at La Choza? I'm there right now, it's 7pm, and no one's around.

The Heidi Klum of months. :shakehead:

:bored2:

Sue Sue,

I am late to the party but we just made a last minute decision to book a 5 day dive package at the Blue Angel Resort - Aug 19 to 25th.

DH and I stopped in Cozumel for a snorkelling tour in 1989 on a Carnival Cruise ship but I was not yet a diver - I still remember telling my husband to stop kicking me with his feet when I was wading into the water - LOL - it was all the fish swarming towards me cuz they were used to being fed by the snorkellers!

Now I am feeling a wee bit silly again as I see there is talk of United pilot strike and Tropical Storm Ernesto and I just finished booking late last night.

Hopefully, it will all work out and I will get a chance to meet some new friends in Cozumel!

glad im flying delta, and don't talk about tropical storms :wink:

Now I am feeling a wee bit silly again as I see there is talk of United pilot strike and Tropical Storm Ernesto and I just finished booking late last night.

Hopefully, it will all work out and I will get a chance to meet some new friends in Cozumel!

United reached a tentative agreement with the pilots today, 8/3/12

Now if the storm passes all will be good

The Heidi Klum of months. :shakehead:

Pictures in. I think Randallr had a good time, even if the crowd was small:

FabioBlackAndWhite1.jpg

Yeah, that's me - though I don't wear the hairpiece or the contacts when I'm diving. Oh, notice the Scubaboard meetup at La Choza behind me...
imagejpeg

Pictures in. I think Randallr had a good time, even if the crowd was small:

View attachment 131443

---------- Post Merged at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Oops - cant figure out how to upload photos from the iPad... So much for that joke.

Why didn't someone tell me he looked like that?? I would have cancelled my reservations at the Star and gone in town ! :rofl3: Geez..the things I miss in life :(

Yeah, that's me - though I don't wear the hairpiece or the contacts when I'm diving. Oh, notice the Scubaboard meetup at La Choza behind me...
imagejpeg

---------- Post Merged at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Oops - cant figure out how to upload photos from the iPad... So much for that joke.

---------- Post Merged at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:55 AM ----------

Saw the teeniest, tiny wee juvie drum fish today. Small as the tip of a finger and cute as a button. Having some memorable dives this trip. Reefs are in such beautiful shape and the marine life is health and pleantiful.
Got another question..found a semi-transparent 5-6" round shaped thingy under a ledge. Looked like a big jellyfish at first but had a smooth surface without any appendages , it sorta looked like a big embryo. Was afraid to touch it because wth my luck it could have been whale poop or something. :) Didn't get a pic of it to show, but wonder if anyone else has seen something similar and might know what I'm trying to discribe ??

---------- Post Merged on August 5th, 2012 at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous Post was on August 4th, 2012 at 03:55 AM ----------

OK-so noone knows what my embryo thingy is ?????:(

I have tried 4 times now to get a message out. Maybe 5th time is a charm. First, my most humble apologies for the M & G goof on the third. After being up for 48 hours, packing, flight overbooked , arriving here at the hottest partofthe day. finally getting lunch at 4:00, DH and I returned to our room to refresh. At which time, we both fell asleep and awoke at 6:30 in the AM Saturday. All I can offer in my defense is that I hit a "wall". Again I hope those who arrived to La Choza on the third can forgive me. I hope to do much better on the 9th !

In the meantime, weather is good and hopefully Ernesto does not stop by. Vis is good, current within norm. Critters awesome as usual.:)

Hope all is well out there ! And once again, so sorry I goofed ...

Sue

mostlysunny.gif
mrcool.gif
The Official August ("It's a Dry Heat") List
cool3.gif

"Here in Cozumel"
Karibelle; Private Residence -
icon_nogeenduiker.gif

06/06/12 - 08/03/12 hlcdlc; Private Home - Blue XT Sea Diving
pftroest.gif

07/24/12 - 08/03/12 Basscat; Hotel Plaza Cozumel - Blue XT Sea Diving
pftroest.gif

07/27/12 - 08/04/12 Randallr; Scuba Club Cozumel - Scuba Club Cozumel :consolation:
07/28/12 - 08/04/12 Craig 66 & daughter; Casa Mexicana -Blue XT Sea Diving:consolation:
07/28/12 - 08/04/12 Coral-Reefer; Private Residence - Blue Project :consolation:
07/28/12 - 08/05/12 ChainDiver (Mike and Margo); Casa Mexicana -Blue XT Sea Diving or Deep Blue ? :consolation:
07/28/12 - 08/06/12 MMM;Private Residence - Living Underwater
icon_nogeenduiker.gif

07/28/12 - 08/07/12 Qnape (BD-28), Mrs. Q & dtr Christine; Cozumel Palace -Blue XT Sea Diving
icon_nogeenduiker.gif

07/28/12 - 08/18/12 jlyle; Scuba Club Cozumel - Scuba Club Cozumel
icon_nogeenduiker.gif

07/31/12 - 08/11/12 Pidgiepoo (BD-27) & Husband; Iberostar - Dive with Martin
icon_nogeenduiker.gif

08/03/12 - 08/10/12 WTFOver; Cozumel Palace - Aldora
icon_nogeenduiker.gif

08/03/12 - 08/12/12 Sue Sue & Michael (A-19); Villa Escondida -Blue XT Sea Diving
icon_nogeenduiker.gif

08/05/12 - 08/10/12 Mawg and Mrs. M; Presidente InterContinental-Scuba Du ? :goingdown:[FONT=&amp]
08/08/12 – 08/12/12 gorock; Sabor- ?
08/08/12 - 08/15/12 Kelly and Renee; Iberostar - Dive with Martin
08/09/12 - 08/13/12 weezer; Villa Aldora - Aldora
08/09/12 - 08/26/12 bgda, 5 divers total; Paradise Condos - Dive with Martin
08/11/12 - 08/18/12 Jerry B & 2 other divers; Scuba Club Cozumel - Scuba Club Cozumel
08/11/12 - 08/26/12 azscubadude; Scuba Club Cozumel - Scuba Club Cozumel
08/16/12 - 08/25/12 cvchief, Susanita, Family (15 total); Las Ventanas- Scuba with Alison
08/18/12 - 08/25/12 Merchant; Hotel Cozumel - Dive Paradise
08/18/12 - 08/25/12 wnctarheel & Mrs.; Reef Club - Dive with Martin ?
08/19/12 - 08/26/12 prosdog & Son; Blue Angel Resort -Blue Angel Resort
08/19/12 - 08/26/12 DandyDon (BD-22); Hotel Cozumel - Opal’s Dream
08/23/12 – 08/27/12 aliciamlls (aka scubadoNC) (B-25) & John ; El Cozumeleno Resort - Deep Exposure[/FONT]
08/24/12 - 08/31/12 simskiscuba; Allegro Cozumel - Pro Dive or Aldora
08/27/12 - 09/01/12 Keith.M; Scuba Club Cozumel - Scuba Club Cozumel
08/27/12 - 09/02/12 leoconnor and Mr.; Aura -Blue Angel
08/28/12 - 09/08/12 autiger & Husband; El Cantil - Living Underwater
Later in August ? tom_n_tacoma and Mrs. tnt; Private Home - Blue Angel

Meet & Greet !! Come join in on the fun and meet your fellow Cozumel Scubaboard Friends !!
beerchug.gif

Friday, Thursday August 9

Host: Sue Sue 6:30/7 ish -> 8-9ish
La Choza Avenida 10 between Rosado Salas and 3rd Sur

Welcome to "La Choza" - Best Mexican Food Restaurant at Cozumel.

This is a drop in Meet and Greet. Come for dinner or just stop by for a refreshment and say hello. Ask for Angel the waiter and tell him "Baby and Pelon" sent you !

Tuesday, August 21
Host: cvchief 6:30/7ish
El Moro 75 Bis Norte 124 Entre 4 y 2
El Moro Home Page
The August 2012 Scubaboard Get Together and Dandy Don Birthday Spectactular
birthday.gif
[FONT=&amp]Cocktails and Mole' Tasting[/FONT]

Anyone have a guess yet what my embryo sac thingy might be?? Got all of us puzzled down here. Hope someone has seen one before and might know what it was. See previous post for details...thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom