AUL canister HID light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

double125's

Reaction score
Just ordered my new light today and was wondering if anyone else owns one and what they think of it. I ordered the tracer 7, it is a 10 lb sla canister. I believe it is 8" by 5" diameter.

...and I like it just fine. Much more dependable than these new fangled lights people are always showing off in front of me. :D

It doubles as a mooring point for in-shore diving. Tie off a rope to the cleat, then throw it over the side.

Detach O-Ring first, however...

:D

You only think I follow you around to crack on Red October...
k

time to ask is before you buy

dont think any of us would be mean enough to second guess you after

double125's once bubbled...
Just ordered my new light today and was wondering if anyone else owns one and what they think of it. I ordered the tracer 7, it is a 10 lb sla canister. I believe it is 8" by 5" diameter.

I had already ordered the light before I registered on this site. I was mainly curious of the pros and cons. I know it is a heavy light but the price can't be beat. after ordering $2000 worth of scuba gear in the past month I was kinda stretching the budget thin. I am open to constructive criticism about the light. any weak point or things to watch out for. I am aware the bulbs are very sensative on HID's.

Get a "can cozzy" for the lighthead. That helps when moving it from the car to the boat. Do a burn test on the battery pack to see what you actually get for a burn time and write in on the BP. Helps if you have more than one battery pack.

Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom