Aurora Res this weekend 9/26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dan and myself are going to Aurora Res this coming Saturday.

Yeah, I know, last minute, but we kinda planned this last minute.

Boulder John will also be there with a small OW class. Not sure who, if anyone else is going. I'm hoping for no other shops doing OW, but you never know.

We will arrive around 9:00am, and do one or two dives. It should be nice weather. Any and all are welcome.

Diving at Chatfield in a word, sucked! I did like the Whites Fusion drysuit.. unfortunately! :D

Justin, I don't know what the water temps will be, but a good guess is in the low 70's. If you are interested in going, post, and we will not gear up until you arrive.

This would be my third weekend of diving in the past month, so who says you can't dive living in CO! Not that the diving is great, but Jefferson beat the heck out of Chatfield which was a you know when you hit bottom because your mask is in the mud type of dive! :shocked2:

yeah, Chatfield really did suck. I was underwater for maybe 10 minutes, long enough to test out the Fusion then I aborted the dive and screwed around with my massive SMB. yeah the fusion is nice, but $1800 nice I dunno... did you check out the technical skin they offered? that was pretty cool.

sorry for the hijack...

I am thinking this sounds like fun!
Any ideas what the temps are this time of year?

I checked my dive logs and I was there in early Sept in '05 and '07 and the min temp was 70 - 73. But the temp can drop off fast. I was there Oct 20, 2007 and the min temp was 58.

We had a great turnout for such short notice. I showed up late do to an alarm snafu, and traffic on C470. We did one dive, but it was decent at about 40 minutes. Tino and Justin did about an hour. Vis was variable, but quite good (10'+) at times.

The group was myself, Dan, Tino, Justin, and James, the founder of Shark Bait Dive club. We all went and had a late lunch after the dive, and this entire group minus Dan will be down at the Hole on Oct. 17th as it stands now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom