Aussie Diving 15 to 31 March, 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since it's already the 21st - here's the new thread :wink:

Thanks SD... been waiting for someone to start the new thread.. so how did your course go?

Here are a couple pics from our last dive

461-951CMedium.jpg

461-952CMedium.jpg

461-954CMedium.jpg

The dive on Friday was lovely. We swam out to the moored marker.. descended and had a leisurely drift back.

Any dive where an Eastern bluedevil turns up is a great dive
460-818-Medium.jpg

Finding some nudis in the precess of laying eggs was a bonus
460-827-CMedium.jpg

This tiny Blotched Hawkfish was around .5" or 12.7 mils and he stayed still enough for me to get this shot. I think it figured it was too small to be seen
460-857CMedium.jpg

Glad to hear that. *sigh* haven't dived the Bombo in years... didn't have a camera back then :hmm:

Good thanks, I'm now Nitrox certified :) Deep and Wreck due in April. Nice photo's!

Congrats :)

Nice photos petunia, love the nudis laying eggs. The purple ones are so pretty.

I got away to Mt Gambier last weekend and did some dives. Man I've done a lot of driving lately! We had our dives at Kilsby cancelled (understandable) so tried to dive another site called One Tree but the landowner wasn't home on Saturday. We decided to go check out Ewens Ponds then and they were beautiful. Here are some photos:

I like photos of snorkellers, they look much less messy than divers :)
4449775623_0890835599.jpg

Heading between the pond connections
4450511980_02790109dc.jpg

Like an underwater meadow
4450522562_ff26b73822.jpg

First pond, nice viz hey!
4450527918_5f59fa673e.jpg

Another pond connection, they were much better than the ponds themselves
4449740539_aa5ca12641.jpg

This one is for petunia, see my fins :wink:
4449744897_ffbf4c6611.jpg

We also did some sinkhole diving at Pics twice and also One Tree as we were able to get into it on the second day. One Tree was 40m dive and I was unfamiliar with the site so didn't bring my camera (was an awesome site though, just surreal landscape, next time!) but I have some from Piccanninie Ponds:

Looking out of the Cathedral
4450539790_2d6ce76bf6.jpg

Descending down the Chasm
4449764187_fac2ac2794.jpg

Next trip: three weeks!

Sas :hugs:you get some incredible shots with that little camera! WOW! Almost makes me want to do Ewen Ponds again. The viz was incredible when we were there too... wish I had a pictures from that dive.

Thanks for the shot showing your fins.. gave me a good chuckle! Maybe I should patent the idea heheh

The image I have locked in my memory. I was near the bottom when a shadow passed over me.... curious.. I looked up and Peter our dive buddy was suspended vertical above me head down doing a lazy corkscrew. It look like he was hanging in mid air it was so clear.. then I looked past him and saw clouds in the sky! A magic and stunning experience for my 12 dive!

Nice photo's, love the first one! Also a big fan of No 3, when I'm not diving I keep freshwater tropical fish and that looks a lot like the Amano style planted tropical aquarium. Amano is a Japanese guy who creates some incredible tanks and a lot do look like meadows (in fact they're called carpet plants for that very reason). Takes an aweful lot of work though, I ran out of patience and mine's now covered in nasty algae :(

Sas :hugs:you get some incredible shots with that little camera! WOW! Almost makes me want to do Ewen Ponds again. The viz was incredible when we were there too... wish I had a pictures from that dive.

Thanks! Yea well they were great! I still don't think worth driving 5hrs just to see but if non-CDAA people combined it with Pics and other site seeing it would be a good trip. There are interesting dry caves too.

Thanks for the shot showing your fins.. gave me a good chuckle! Maybe I should patent the idea heheh

:wink: I need more ideas for new gear bling now! I have pink harness and sparkly fins... what next??

The image I have locked in my memory. I was near the bottom when a shadow passed over me.... curious.. I looked up and Peter our dive buddy was suspended vertical above me head down doing a lazy corkscrew. It look like he was hanging in mid air it was so clear.. then I looked past him and saw clouds in the sky! A magic and stunning experience for my 12 dive!

Yea I know what you mean! My buddy was freediving and it was like he was in midair swimming around, really strange looking. I want to go back at night and see it on a full moon :)

Yeah it is the viz that makes it interesting.. but not sure about going there specifically to dive it one you have had the experience!

I like that Diver bling!:hm:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom