Aussie diving Jan 12th to 19th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heheheh welllll I do remember someone (honest.. it wasn't me) who was so excited about using his new camera that when we got to the dive site and decided it wasn't worth diving that we went for coffee.. he stuck his camera in the aquarium at the coffee shop and took pics of fish that way!

You could take pic of your axlillotti:)

:rofl3::rofl3:

Actually, that was the first thing I did as soon as it arrived :D
3198442389_c6fd17187d.jpg

Maxolotl is in the fridge at the moment in a tuppaware container due to the heat, so can't take any more atm. Otherwise there would be more pictures :) And one of my guppies has just given birth so there are tonnes of baby ones in the other tank so I can't stick my camera in that one as I don't want to squish any of them. Might work on my land photography instead!

:rofl3:Shoulda known... :rofl3::rofl3:

Well you could leave the camera in the housing and get used to where all the buttons line up :eyebrow:

:rofl3::rofl3:There is always the bathtub:rofl3:

Seriously someone told me to put some water in the bathtub and then put an object in and take pics from various lengths away from it to get an idea how close it would focus.... Warning.... the object should not be Mr Sas or parts thereof:blinking:

:rofl3:
Seriously someone told me to put some water in the bathtub and then put an object in and take pics from various lengths away from it to get an idea how close it would focus.... Warning.... the object should not be Mr Sas or parts thereof:blinking:

:rofl3: :rofl3: Ok well I think Mr Sas is getting sick of all the pictures I've been taking so I doubt he will be up for bathtime modeling as well :eyebrow: :rofl3:

I think that is what Paul did when he first got his camera actually so he must have gotten the same advice :)

The same friend got some brilliant shots... clear viz... well focused... fish in right range.... took a while before someone told us they saw him taking the shots in a convenient tide pool!

Hmm nothing from Sas she must be off taking underwater bathtub shots.... Can't wait to see them.... Night all....

Also C8X, you saw a *pineapple fish*!!! I love those fish but have only ever seen them at the aquarium.

Yeah, there were two of them there, I think they have been there for quite a while, but the camera wasn't too steady at the start of the clip when you could see both so it got chopped. That's why I enjoyed diving with this oldtimer who has been in the area for years. He's happy to take anybody on a dive if you happen run into him at the site, and he knows where everything is hiding.

Nice videos, thats quite a current on the drift!

Here's a mashup from a few different dives at Nelson Bay, Fly Point and Halifax. All with rather unpleasant vis but you just have to look harder to see all the cool stuff there is to see. That's going to be it for me for a while, my gear is packed up and peaking at the 23kg checked baggage limit, I'm off to Prague. I won't disappear completely but it's been nice, too bad we never met for a dive or two.

Scum Diving: Fly Point and Halifax Park on Vimeo

Check the octopus in the last scene, I didn't realize when I was filming that there was another one hiding and trying to keep his front door in place, this guy was breaking in! You can see his frightened little eyes peeking over the rock that he's hanging on to for dear life. I wish I had more time here but it was a bit uncomfortable in about 4m with the waves.

Sorry you are heading out but very happy you will be keeping in touch. Thanks for sharing your great videos. I've enjoyed them so much!

I remember seeing 2 pineapple fish at Halifax about 4 years ago... what a treat!

still nothing...I keepchecking in here for Sas's pictures..... can't wait....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom