Aussie Diving January 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks..
I don't use a strobe. I have a bit of a problem with one hand and wrist so I need to keep it simple esp since we do mostly shore dives off rock platforms... with only one good hand I need to be able to stow the camera in a pocket.

Anybody been diving seq recently?? Pretty keen to organise a gold coast causeway/cook island dive if anyones keen?

269368_555429974467704_274071678_n.jpg

Starting the new year right... 12 dives so far this month:)

735020_555429971134371_1674882623_n.jpg

549945_555429847801050_1818954857_n.jpg

and now for something totally different.. moray in torchlight
164428_555429924467709_1856424671_n.jpg

624C-151TCjMedium.jpg

624C-206TjMedium.jpg

621C-937CMedium.jpg

624C-213CMedium.jpg

Been lucky getting wet a bit recently I found this fish near the exit.. I am not certain yet what it is. Acted like a Goby... looked a bit like a weedfish..

624C-217CMedium.jpg

624C-218eMedium.jpg

I am so ready to see some of those creatures BoP!

I can see that having your very experienced eyes to find them is going to be more than half of the battle though. I also can see that going SLOW has to be a very important secret in locating some of those little guys!

While I have a strobe and wide angle, I seldom dive with them, because I simply prefer the simplicity and stow-ability of the of the camera alone, and I am still trying to, er, "master" is too strong a word here, let me think, ah, to "novice' my camera without throwing in all of the fancy do-dads, thing-a-ma-jigs and nick-nacks that I could add to a camera. I really love to be able to have the camera on every dive, without a camera having to be the focus of my dive, which a big boy camera would force me to do.

Exactly my feeling regarding cameras and camera gear. Ilike to stow mine in a pocket for entry exit and whenever! We will sure try to show you as much as we can while you are here:) Nice relaxing 84 minute dive today..palning another day after tomorrow

My next dive is planned for roughly 3 weeks from now (not 3 weeks from today, as I learned recently that Sat, three weeks from today is something I will never see! :shocked2:

It seems that not only do the airlines break everything down into small bits, so they can charge you extra for everything, they also take one day of your life away from you if you fly to Oz from the US. ( for the one day you simply do not exist anywhere on the planet Earth. Quite interesting thought, that :hm: )

It's ok :consolation: they will give it back to you when you go home! :doh: I remember one year I had to live through TWO Friday the 13ths:fear: Didn't enjoy either the one in the plane or the one in the meetings I had to call my trip short to attend! I still have a day floating around in limbo for me to "collect"on my next trip your direction! I guess if you start your life on this side them move to North Americal you gain a day for the duration... the reverse and you have one to collect somehow:idk:

Can't wait to dive with you and the other half:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom