Availability of Mares Vector 1000 Air Trim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquanex

Co-Owner of YourBagTag.com
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am in the process of updating my gear and trying to reduce the overall "profile" of my gear so I was very interested in the Vector 1000 Air Trim BC. My local dive shop (Mares dealer) does not have one in stock and they said they were unable to order from Mares. Is this really out of stock from the manufacturer? Are you upgrading to new model and discontinuing? Could you give me some perspective here?

Hi,

The Vector 1000 AT is still in line, but it is very similar to the Dragon AT. In North America we only stock the Dragon AT since it is the better seller due to the fit and features.

When your dealer said they were unable to order it from Mares, are they a Mares dealer? If so, they should have suggested the Dragon AT for you to try on. If you need help locating it just let me know.

Thanks,

Phil

They are a great Mares dealer and they did have me try on the Dragon AT. I picked up another set of the Abyss regulators on the same visit.

I prefer the D-ring set up (2-sets vs 1-set) on the shoulder straps of the Vector 1000. I do U/W photography and the second set of D-rings works better for me. So the only way to get this BC is to purchase from a dealer outside of North America? Bummer...

If you want to order locally, have the shop give me a call and we could do a special order. If available we can have it here in 40 days (much sooner if you wanted to pay for air freight). If not in stock we would need to check when the next production run is.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom