Availability of Oceanic computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Many Oceanic computers appear to be "out of stock" or on "backorder". What is the cause of the shortage? Has Pelagic Pressure Systems shifted manufacturing capacity preferentially to Aqua Lung or are there other explanations?

I would think pelagic wants to be paid to make the computers for Oceanic. I am sure once the dust settles Huish will get inventory back to where it needs to be.

My dive shop ordered a new Oceanic Datamax computer for me as part of the trade in deal which I returned my old Oceanic Datamax I had for the last 17 years. That was in late March since I thought it would be enough time to get my replacement for a trip to Saba I'm going on this week. Well, no computer yet and my old one is still out there with their distributor in Calgary. Good thing my dive shop was willing to lend me a dive computer to take down with me for my trip. But needless to say, I'm definitely not happy with whatever is going on with Oceanic computers.

I'm having the same issue...I upgraded from a geo 2.0 to an OCi and I placed my order in May. Ive called their customer support numerous times and the timeline for when its supposed to arrive keeps getting pushed back. I was even told once that they were expecting a shipment to arrive the first week of july. No one seems to have any record of theat supposed to be happening. Then I was told it was to arrive the 14th. I called today to confirm as the 14th was not a firm date and they said it was going to be the 28th because the distributor wasn't sending them until then. When I asked them to call the distributor, they magically found a shipment on its way to Huish for inspection before being shipped out...Ive called numerous times and ive even been hung up on several times. I'm very upset with how they are handling this situation. And if you placed your order in late march its not giving me confidence it will arrive anytime soon.

My scuba shop advised me to cancel my order and get something else so I just got a new Atomic Cobalt 2 instead. My old Oceanic computer is probably in limbo somewhere with the old distributor but since it's defective, I'm not going to worry about it. Yeah Oceanic lost my business.

Back
Top Bottom