Average Dives per Year of Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I can through my number of dives in there. I have been certified for five months and have 9 dives in. If I lived closer to good diving that number would be higher.

I did a quick search for some previous posts, but nothing useful came up. I'm probably using lousy key words "Annual Dives", Dive Recurrence, "dives per Year".
I greatly appreciate any links to previous posts on this if someone knows them.
Otherwise,

I did a scuba review today where two of the three got certified 10 years ago, haven't dove in 7 years, total dives 11. Can you say, DSD in the shallow end then move to the deep end for skills. This is more the norm than the exception. Scuba reviews will open your eyes to having that card and subsequently having it for life!!

I got my OW the tail end of 2009. I now have about 175 dives or so. But, I dont dive regularly :)

I take one dive vacation a year that is from two to three months long and dive my butt off the whole time. I usually do that in the Sept to Jan time period and so havent had my 2013 spree yet.

So I guess I am not a "diver" for 9 months of the year but for the other three months I probably qualify as a diver :)

Probably about 50 to 75. I try to get a couple of dives in each weekend, but I have kids a job and a house to maintain and my buddies have kids, jobs and houses to maintain too, so I'm lucky if I get out every other week. This past year it's been more like every third week. But I usually do get out for a longer trip once or twice a year too where I do 6 dives or more.

I guess I could be an average "joe"

Certified OW in 2007, did 18 dives
Carried out AoW in 2009 did a further 5 including check dive.
Started diving in UAE and Oman in Jan 2013 clocked up (as of 16- June) 40 dives so far this year. Having two Diving holidays planned this year I expect to hit 100 dives in 1 year target by Jan 2014

im about 30-50 dives a year.. max 30 days dry.. but could be as frequent as every week.

Certified in '76, over the following 4 or so years probably did 200-300 dives, over the next 3 years probably 50 dive. Then didn't dive again until last June. Currently at 23 dives since then. Time between them can be a few weeks, or as this week, 3 days.

The number of dives per year will be closely linked as to how close the "diver" lives to water and their job / finances / family commitments etc

When I lived in Jeddah, I was diving around 120-150 dives per year, that dropped dramatically when I moved to Dubai, my annual target is 52 and currently at 28 dives this year so far.

I've been diving for roughly a year and have roughly 115 dives. The winter up here makes it hard to dive more unless we go south somewhere which is admittedly nice.

Back
Top Bottom