Await reviews, Apple Ultra Oceanic+ and Deep 6 Excursion Tech Lite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll have to pull mine out.. I believe it's when I double tap a button on the right it plays a tune.

Oceanic+ came out today, Deep 6 posted that the Excursion would begin shipping with Tech Lite last Friday, November 25 Thanksgiving Week Specials.

Now, for the reviews. I hope the Ultra is chamber tested again, as it was before Oceanic+ came out. There was at least one Excursion chamber test done also, a good, easy way to see performance and displays.

If no one has mentioned it.. I believe you're comparing "apples and oranges" here!
:rofl3:

Please carry on...

I'll have to pull mine out.. I believe it's when I double tap a button on the right it plays a tune.
So... In older builds it did play songs, but the latest build that Landon posted links to should not.

It would play "never going to give you up" (or the Tetris theme, or the Mario theme) when you hit the "up" button on land. It was put in there as a way to test the tone generation for the different alert tones.

If it's still playing songs, let me know what version and build date it shows and I'll look into it.

This reminds me, I can go record a video of one that I've got a special testing build on one of mine that has a mode to enable on-land diving using the accelerometer (primarily for testing it and being able to mess with the controls while it's diving... Actual dives were dive to validate everything, but it's a lot faster to test on land) I can show off the gas switching, in-dive screens, deco screens etc - any specific requests of things you want to see in a video?

I'm not promising high production quality or a great voiceover track, just something quick and dirty that's better than nothing.

From watch mode, hit the bottom-right button until it shows. No idea if it can be accessed from dive mode.
In dive mode, hit the bottom right button (when you are under water) to bring up the extra dive pages. The middle button is the one that brings up the quick-switch gas change menu and the top button (when on the main dive page) brings up the settings.

The extra dive pages you can scroll through, hit the top left button to exit out of the extra info pages and back to the primary dive page. When you hit the down button again later, it will go back to the dive info page you were most recently on.

The dive info pages includes a tissue graph with the current gf line showing as a dotted line and the current "ceiling" based on that gf listed below (not the rounded-down ceiling, but the actual one you'd need to stop at assuming a normal ascent rate)

Dive info pages also have surface gf, the surface gf if you stay at that same depth for five more minutes (which, is awesome and very helpful to know how much hanging out at your safety stop will change things), NDL, the NDL you'd have if you were ten feet shallower (sometimes it's a big difference), the NDL that you'll have in five minutes (ndl +5)

There is also a surface ETA page that tells you the time of day (clock time) you'd surface if you started your ascent and stopped at any deco stops or safety stops.

There is some cool stuff in there now. Some of it is cool and unique to the excursion and not available on other computers regardless of their price.

Some of it is cool and unique to the excursion
SGF+5, NDL+5 min, and NDL+10 ft are all fantastic ideas. Thanks for the button summary during dive mode.

I would imagine that the cover art on startup with the new software is no longer the grim reaper like I have on mine?

@Ryebrye look forward to your video!

So... In older builds it did play songs, but the latest build that Landon posted links to should not.

It would play "never going to give you up" (or the Tetris theme, or the Mario theme) when you hit the "up" button on land. It was put in there as a way to test the tone generation for the different alert tones.

If it's still playing songs, let me know what version and build date it shows and I'll look into it.
I can find no button push combo, in any mode, that plays a tune.

I can find no button push combo, in any mode, that plays a tune.
This was the pre release build. I would think if it's not there then they got rid of it.

I'll try to get a video.

Back
Top Bottom