Awareness and a request for help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivrBikr

Registered
Reaction score
Melbourne Beach, FL (still from Colorado!)
# of dives
100 - 199
A friend of mine has asked me to assist him in bringing an issue to the attention of as many divers as possible.

Below is a link to this issue.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/hawaii-ohana/268139-pacific-trash-vortex-wow-i-had-no-idea-bad.html[/URL]

also: Algalita Marine Research Foundation - Marine Research, Education and Restoration

My friend, Drew Wheeler, is slated to be a crew member and videographer on a research vessel to this "Pacific ocean garbage swirley". He is looking for funding help. I know that times are financially difficult for many, myself included.

He can be contacted through several different medias.

His business website:

ScubaDrew VideoWorks

or,

email:

dwheeler@scubadrewvideo.com

or (for those of you on Facebook),

search: Andrew ScubaDrew Wheeler

Thanks,

Mahalo Buddy for posting this!
I know you guys mostly dive in the Mucky Muck, so I promise to bring back some real blue water diving video.....200ft+ viz and 14k ft of water beneath you....it's pretty cool! But most important I hope to bring incontestable proof of the problems growth.
Mahalo again,
ScubaDrew

Mahalo Buddy for posting this!
I know you guys mostly dive in the Mucky Muck, so I promise to bring back some real blue water diving video.....200ft+ viz and 14k ft of water beneath you....it's pretty cool! But most important I hope to bring incontestable proof of the problems growth.
Mahalo again,
ScubaDrew
You are quite welcome my friend. I hope others will follow. I look forward to your up-coming reports, pictures and videos. Good luck to you and your mission!

Funding for the "Invisible, 10' deep, twice as big as Texas Trash Vortex"...aka "Your paid dive trip"?????:shakehead:

Funding for the "Invisible, 10' deep, twice as big as Texas Trash Vortex"...aka "Your paid dive trip"?????:shakehead:

Well you can give me the equipment I need if you want, that way I am not getting paid as you claim!

Nice to see you have infected this thread too!!!:bash:

You going to continue the pointless replies while hiding?

I'm interested in researching the plausibility of this myth myself. I'm in need of $20,000 for airfare, boat charter, gear and a film crew. If anyone is interested in funding my mission please PM me.

:lotsalove:

I'm interested in researching the plausibility of this myth myself. I'm in need of $20,000 for airfare, boat charter, gear and a film crew. If anyone is interested in funding my mission please PM me.

If you really want to do that great...it will cost a whole lot more than $20,000.00 for what you are asking....Boat charter alone runs 1200/day times 60 days...you do the math!
Good luck with your idea.

Now I understand why you hide behind "bluebubble"....it probably wouldn't be too smart to go public with the crap you write.

p.s. I don't think "God" appreciates what you are doing, by mocking legitimate research to help protect what you yourself called "Gods earth"

If you really want to do that great...it will cost a whole lot more than $20,000.00 for what you are asking....Boat charter alone runs 1200/day times 60 days...you do the math!
Good luck with your idea.

Maybe you are right. I figured I could find the 545,000 square mile floating island of plastic in a week. If I can get enough donations I could look for it for the rest of my life. Keep the money coming people!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom