Awesome Weekend at Jackson Blue!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

denisegg

Indescribable!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We spent a wonderful two days of diving at Jackson Blue on Saturday and Sunday. Our group started with Stasia(cmufieldhockey) Dave(mos11) Glen(GlenFWB) Josh(Shagman) Mat(BugMan) and myself. Joining us on Saturday was John(Cave Diver) and Fairley.
Our group consisted of divers in various levels of training from cavern all the way to rebreathers. :D We all paired with our divers from our respective levels of training and proceeded to have some awesome dives and fellowship.
On Saturday I met Rob(Dive-aholic) and Jen as they picked up Mat for their journey. Their trip report is located at http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/deep-dixie-divers/266909-holmes-creek-report.html

On Sunday we also saw Aletheia(diverdeva) Ernest(ernestleejr) Gary(Gary's Gulf Coast Divers) John(DM) Marcie and Steve.

Glen, Josh and Mat got some awesome pics and I know they will be sharing them.

Last edited:
Dave and I are intro cave so we paired up and although Stasia is full cave she went with us on alot of our dives to offer her expertise. We did a total of 6 dives, 3 on each day. I completed my 22nd cave dive on this trip and everything is finally beginning to feel more comfortable. I was able to control my buoyancy much better even in the flow. The frog kicks are feeling more natural and the reel wasn't nearly as difficult. Our longest dive was 50 minutes with a depth of 51ft. Our deepest dive was 95ft for a total of 35 minutes.

It was great to see everyone again!! There were alot of SBer's out for such a warm winter weekend and the diving was awesome!!

OK, here's day one... I'll let somebody else post boring trip details, here's some pics of day 1!

full gallery of 91 pics for day 1 is here: Image Gallery | 20090103-JacksonBlue | 1 of 91 | IMG_0540.JPG

Firstly, I'd like to introduce you to the ambassador of Jackson Blue, the elite of the elite, tada! I wanna grow up to be just like you, buddy.
med_IMG_0543.JPG

"What the heck does this button do?"
med_IMG_0581.JPG

The obligatory entrance shot
med_IMG_0631.JPG

hey, I'm taking a picture of you, taking a picture of me, taking a picture of you, taking... woah, brain freeze...
med_IMG_0634.JPG

This is Bob.
med_IMG_0644.JPG

See Bob run!
http://www.shagman.org/hobbies/diving/20090103-JacksonBlue/MVI_0737.MOV

Herding fish between us
med_IMG_0726.JPG

It's Bob again! He was stupid enough to come out and graze again, caught him on our way back. He's pissed now.
med_IMG_0738.JPG

Look, there's a brim over there! No really, RIGHT OVER THERE!
med_IMG_0750.JPG

It's an inside joke, but feel free to PM GlenFWB for more details

fillion.jpg

Full gallery here (24 pics):
Image Gallery | 20090104-Shangri-La | 1 of 24 | IMG_0872.JPG

OMG, it's Bob's dad!
med_IMG_0874.JPG

How many bass do you see in this pic!
med_IMG_0898.JPG

This cavern is so awesome
med_IMG_0911.JPG

Proof that yes, indeed, I did run line unsupervised by a cave diver!!!
med_IMG_0915.JPG

I'd have to lose some weight to squeeze in down there
med_IMG_0917.JPG

This is a combination shot... firstly reinforcing the awesomeness of Shangri-La, and secondly reaffirming that I did in fact run a reel!
med_IMG_0922.JPG

Full gallery here (91 pics):Image Gallery | 20090104-JacksonBlue | 1 of 79 | IMG_0776.JPG

I think they were warming their wings... whatever it was, it was creepy!
med_IMG_0785.JPG

Hi Glen!
med_IMG_0789.JPG

Busy day at the office
med_IMG_0809.JPG

Love that huge air pocket
med_IMG_0824.JPG

This would have been an OK shot, but Mat wore his devil-eyes this dive
med_IMG_0829.JPG

Denise shows us her mastery of the reel
med_IMG_0841.JPG

aww, it's love at first sight... actually I think there was something about "ox-tox" isn't that something you order at a chinese place?
med_IMG_0844.JPG

traffic jam! I think this was just before the guy in the doubles smashed into Glen
med_IMG_0859.JPG

yeah, I know these are blurry, but I liked the way they turned out anyway
med_IMG_0938.JPG

Glen busy with macro shots with the entrance in the background
med_IMG_0959.JPG

love this one, yeah, it's blurry, so sue me
med_IMG_0978.JPG

coming through!
med_IMG_0998.JPG

Glen, concentrate!!
med_IMG_1020.JPG

Last edited:
Great pics Shagman! :D

Firstly, I'd like to introduce you to the ambassador of Jackson Blue, the elite of the elite, tada! I wanna grow up to be just like you, buddy.
med_IMG_0543.JPG

I think he's about to land on a carrier, hooks down, he's just looking for a line to catch and bring him to a stop.

Great photos! Thanks for the report. Great to finally meet a few new people this weekend...Denise and Glen. Hopefully, we'll all get a chance to dive sometime soon. But when new cave is calling...I have to go!

Shagman makes the best chocolate chip pancakes... I mean cookies!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom