Axiom i3 for travel...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fever62

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was wondering if there was any issues with the axiom i3 with regards to travel..
Can you and is there a special way to fold it up ...concerns with the i3 systems...

I have a regular Axiom in size L and find it bulky for travel. It has lots of padding and rigid ditchable weight bag shells, which I think is unnecessary when diving tropical destinations in a 3mm wetsuit with 8 lbs of lead. The i3 adds more bulk in the "wrong" place. Basically, the combination of padding and hard plastic makes it so that the BCD doesn't readily fold flat. Instead, you get sort of a pyramid.

This issue isn't unique to the Axiom. Just about any BCD with ditchable weights has this problem, which is why a lot of people opt for travel BCDs or backplate setups.

Thanks for the input...
What I’m after is ...is it harmful to fold up the axiom with the i3 components..
Can the air lines get kinked....

Back
Top Bottom