Azores or Curacao? 1 week in June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

forestfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My husband and I don't dive often (maybe once every couple of years). We take a refresher course before we go somewhere to dive though. We like places that have warm water and pretty underwater life. The dives should be fairly easy ones. We've been to Australia and Belize.

Any suggestions or comments? Recommendations of dive shops in these two places? We'd also be open to other suggestions of where to go...

We will have a week in June to spend wherever (nothing too pricey), and we're coming from Chicago.

The diving would be more suitable for you in Curacau, easier and a lot more reef life. Although June is the beginning of the diving season in Azores, and you do have GREAT whale watching and plenty of dolphins, the underwater life is a bit sparce. I would reccomend the Azores for the more experienced diver. If you do choose the Azores, try get out to Princess Alice Banks for the mantas. You will also find better accomadation options in Curacau.
If you do decide on Azores, you can fly direct non stop from Boston and Toronto, no need to go via Europe.
We work with reputable operators in both locations if you need assistance.
Cheers
Bryan

Not sure about Azores but Curacao is great place to dive along with Aruba and Bonaire....we have shows from all three islands at DiveTravelDVDS.com check them out. We also show you dive shops, hotels and top side attractions available. Its always good to be informed before you take the trip.

Back
Top Bottom