Azul Sensaton and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swimmer_spe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
A friend of mine recommended Azul Sensaton, which as I understand is near the Cenotes.

I want to cavern dive.

1) Is this a good place as a starting point for the cenotes?

2) What is the diving like in the Caribbean in that area?

3) Who would you recommend? What is their contact info/websites?

I plan to dive 3-5 days and be there for a week.

Hi there! Azul Sensatori is actually a ways away from many of the cenote sites, for example it's around an hour and half to Dos Ojos, one of the most popular sites. There are a few cavern dives closer to Puerto Morelos, such as Hells Bells (Zapote) and Kin Ha, however these are both advanced cavern dives. They are amazing sites, but I would not recommend these as your first cavern dives in the area. I would recommend staying closer to Playa del Carmen or Akumal for the best access to the cenotes. We will be more than happy to help you plan your diving trip. Please check us out at Diving Mexico - Cenotes, Caves, Caverns, Reefs Playa del Carmen Tulum - Blue Life. The cenotes are our favorite dive sites in the area, but we also offer ocean diving in Playa, Akumal and Cozumel, the latter definitely being the most impressive as far as reef diving goes. For more information please email Courtney at info@bluelife.com and she will make sure to get you all set up with a really cool diving package.

Hope to dive with you soon!

The Azul Sensatori is north of Play Del Carmen and isn't really close to anything. You will want to stay south of Playa. The El Dorado Seaside Suites is owned by the same chain as the Sensatori and we have stayed there 4 times. The Grand Palladium is another resort to have a look at. For diving I recommend Nicolas from CenoteXperience Nico & Martin are great guys and excellent dive guides.They are small and you will get very personalized service. I won't dive with anyone else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom