BA-accessible location with fish in Eastern Med/Middle East

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kate_W

Registered
Reaction score
We're looking for a dive holiday idea for spring 2006 (probably somewhere between late February and late April. Criteria: 1) either somewhere we can reach via British Airways on points (has to be BA, not a oneworld partner, and can't be a super-popular destination like the Caribbean because there are no award tickets) or Turkey (because I'm flying to Turkey on business about 4 times in the next year and can tack the holiday onto a business trip; 2) preferably not super-longhaul (e.g. eastern Med, Middle East or off the coast of East Africa rather than the Pacific) - up to an 8 hour flight; 3) we prefer fish to fauna and wrecks; and 4) suitable for novice/rusty divers. We're thinking about Turkey, Oman, Egypt (although my husband has dived there a lot and would like to try something different), Goza, or Mauritius. Oman looks interesting, especially because it also seems to offer some hiking/trekking options, too. Turkey would be convenient, but are there any fish? I've seen some of the postings on most of these locations, but would appreciate some advice from those who could compare them. Any suggestions - any other locations we should consider? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom