Back after 10 yrs, Regulator Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haha thank you for the advice! Believe it or not, she wants to do an all black rig. The most color she wants is the Deep6 which has a little orange I believe .

Haha! That’s my kinda colors! Well that makes it easy for you then. Y s the deep 6 is a great reg that will do the job for her.

In terms of the HOGS and Deep 6 Signature Series, is there any noticeable difference? As far as I could find, I see the Signature is coated differently, but performance-wise, was about the same as the HOGs. Is this still true?

@cerich gave a breakdown of the differences and improvements in a previous post somewhere here on the board. Just a few off the top of my head, we give the Signature a PVD coating to improve durability, and the ports have been angled a little differently to improve hose routing. Internally, we use some teflon washers in places that will last a bit longer, and we have a teflon/teflon coating on the HP seat to improve the IP stability and give a better WOB and breathing profile. So there are some performance enhancements.

It of course is totally up to you which reg you pick, but of course we are biased towards ours :) There are many great choices out there, but we feel that we produce an excellent offering with continual improvements and great value. As always though, it is up to the consumer to decide.

Landon, I thought I had read that HOG provided an online class to teach how to service the equipment. Does Deep6 offer something similar or do we have to attend a class?

Landon, I thought I had read that HOG provided an online class to teach how to service the equipment. Does Deep6 offer something similar or do we have to attend a class?
unless it changed HOG doesn't offer an online class. We are planning to but haven't got there yet. We do have the in person class

Back
Top Bottom