Back Beach dive report 9/6/2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

solor

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Despite our worries of limited viz due to Earl's passing a few days ago, my intrepid buddies and I went to Back Beach today to avoid getting caught in any NH lake traffic. To our surprise, the viz was actually the best we've had there (in our so limited experience to-date), with a pretty consistent 15' beyond the lefthand point. Looks like Earl put many folks off diving today (?) as we counted only two other groups diving besides ourselves there for the entire day (up til 3pm at least).

Beautiful day, lots of sailboats, a passing road race, and a bug apiece for me and one buddy. First bug, hurrah! EP was there in early am and talked to one of the other dive duos at the other end of the beach, but we don't know what was up. We kept it pretty shallow w/max depth 26' or so and ended up with about 3 hrs of bottom time total for 2 dives. Low temp 64. Saw a nice little silvery white anemone (~6") under a big rock amidst one of the sandy open areas. Just one striper off the point.

Some of us from United Divers of NH dove in the Piscataqua river in Portsmouth today to avoid probable bad visibility as well. Had a very nice dive with warm temps and reasonable visibility. I got a bottom time of 42 minutes and max depth of 60'. We didn't time it perfectly and got in a bit too early and one of our divers blew through air quickly. Otherwise, would have had more time but it was a very nice dive. Now back to work tomorrow!

I heard the same from divers I met at Folly Cove - that the viz was better then last week.
Looks like I made the wrong bet by leaving my gear at home. On the other hand, surrounding Cape Ann in a convertible with a nice lady on my side was not so bad either :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom