Back From My First Dives!!! WooHoo, Jamaica Baby!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TJcop

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
That's right, I just finished my OW dives this last week...in Jamaica! Yeah, lots of people have said that Jamaica isn't the best diving, but it was fantastic to me! I managed to get 6 dives in on my trip and I loved every single one.

I did my referral through SunDivers (along with the rest of my dives). They are an awesome bunch of people. SunDivers is located in Negril at Point Village. They are right next to Hedonism...so you get to see all kinds of naked people that have no business being naked! :11: Myron was my OW instructor and was a blast! Tony the boat captain was fun too. In fact, everyone was great..they treat you like family.

The dives were all about 35-40 minutes, with my deepest being 68 feet. Lots of fish, some nice corals, great vis and fun divers. Now that I've got my OW cert, it's time to plan more dives. Hopefully I'll have some pics to post in the next day or two.

Uh-Oh, you're hooked. I can hear it in your typing.

well, the real threat to a relationship is not the actual diving.---its getting glued to SB. So, my advice right now is limit yourself to an hour a day.--Remember, you heard it here first.

Did your wife enjoy Jamaica, at least? maybe you can get her interested...diving together is really fun. I like it cause there is NO Talking.

catherine96821:
Did your wife enjoy Jamaica, at least? maybe you can get her interested...diving together is really fun. I like it cause there is NO Talking.

I have found that hand gestures can go a long way. ha ha. :D

That's cool.

I learned to dive for the first time in Negril when I was down there for my wedding.

It's a great place to learn. Warm water, no bad currents, good vis, and plenty to see!

And great people. I was at Sandals Negril last summer and my dive master called himself "The Black Jacques Cousteau"

The only problem is that my wife does not dive and I was leaving her alone too much. So it cost me a trip to the spa for her. (it was worth it).

catherine96821:
well, the real threat to a relationship is not the actual diving.---its getting glued to SB. So, my advice right now is limit yourself to an hour a day.--Remember, you heard it here first.

My wife knows that I'm a computer nerd, so my time on SB isn't an issue.

There were 10 of us (all family) on the trip, so she had plenty of company since I'm the only diver. She has absolutely NO interest in the diving, or the water for that matter. She'd rather cut off her legs before going diving.

To bad, it's awesome having a spouse dive. Automatic dive partner and trips based on diving.

Glad you had fun in Jamaica, after to dive another island in the future, it would be interesting if you come back to this post and give feedback on comparisson.

Kinda like when someone does their OW checkout in a quarry and tells you how cool it is. It's fun to see their minds erupt when the goto a more exotic locale.

I think when people talk about Jamaica not being the best for diving, I think they're referring to Ocho Rios and Mo' Bay as those towns have become too touristy. Negril hasn't gotten there yet and hasn't been destroyed to the degree of OR and MB...so hence, better diving! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom