Back home from Cozumel... boo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are home, unpacked, and I have a freakin' head cold. Boo. I started sneezing on the plane and by the time we got to our house it was a full blown sinus attack.
So... I will try to get photos and trip report up this week, but it all depends on when I start feeling better.

Highlights.... ScubaClub always has the system down, from the restaurant staff to the dive staff, perfect in every way.
Diving --- a loggerhead turtle, half dozen nurse sharks, and schools of squid on more than one dive. We also did Punta Sur Cathedrals (not the throat) area which was a first for us. I finished with 23 dives, and Ron had 25. Not bad for 7 dive days.

It was also great to meet and dive with some SB members, Bret Bob and Rob at the beginning of our week, and then Chris at the end of the week. I got photos of all of you to share. Also, our dive boat for the week was the Observer. Our group was just amazing and fun and I think we made some life-long friends.

more later!!

robin

Sounds like an awesome time! I am going for the first time for two weeks in May. Can't wait!!

We'll be at Scuba Club for two weeks at the end of June. Thanks for the great reports from SCC! Hoping to see whale sharks at Holbox the first week of July.

I agree, Scuba Club has the system down pat. We've been there a dozen times over the years. We've dived all over the world, but our go-to place is Cozumel.

Sorry your vacation had to end, boo-hoo.:depressed: Hope you feel better soon. Try using the nasal rinse twice a day, it flushes out a lot of crud from your sinsus. Drink lots of fluid as well.
Sounds like you had a wonderful time, as expected and I'm (very) jealous.
When you are feeling better, please post some pictures and would love to see any videos.
For me COZ in on hold for yet another year, boo-hoo, but at least I can dive every weekend locally around our Palos Verdes pennisula.
You take care.

We are home, unpacked, and I have a freakin' head cold. Boo. I started sneezing on the plane and by the time we got to our house it was a full blown sinus attack.
So... I will try to get photos and trip report up this week, but it all depends on when I start feeling better.

Highlights.... ScubaClub always has the system down, from the restaurant staff to the dive staff, perfect in every way.
Diving --- a loggerhead turtle, half dozen nurse sharks, and schools of squid on more than one dive. We also did Punta Sur Cathedrals (not the throat) area which was a first for us. I finished with 23 dives, and Ron had 25. Not bad for 7 dive days.

It was also great to meet and dive with some SB members, Bret Bob and Rob at the beginning of our week, and then Chris at the end of the week. I got photos of all of you to share. Also, our dive boat for the week was the Observer. Our group was just amazing and fun and I think we made some life-long friends.

more later!!

robin
I'm glad to hear that the head cold held off until you were done diving. Having a head cold on Cozumel is a recurring nightmare for me; a couple of weeks prior to every Cozumel trip I turn into a real germaphobe.

I love the Punta Sur Cathedral dive; I much prefer it to the Devil's Throat.

We are home, unpacked, and I have a freakin' head cold. Boo.

Diving --- a loggerhead turtle..

robin

Hi Robin, Sorry you caught a cold but on the upside at least it happened when you got home, not when leaving for your trip.

Hate to add to your blues.. but today at the end of our second dive at Tormentos with a strong current and a small group we ran into another Loggerhead. To say it was HUGE is an understatment. The cool thing was it stayed with us (from less than three feet away) for at least 5 minutes while it tried to crack a Hermit Crab shell but finally gave up and swam away. It was an amazing creature with a head as big as a log and truely something I will remember for many years to come.

Biggest turtle i've ever seen underwater, the shell had to be 4 feet tip to tail and I didn't take my camera.

Hope you feel better soon !

Chris

Hi Robin, Sorry you caught a cold but on the upside at least it happened when you got home, not when leaving for your trip.

Hate to add to your blues.. but today at the end of our second dive at Tormentos with a strong current and a small group we ran into another Loggerhead. To say it was HUGE is an understatment. The cool thing was it stayed with us (from less than three feet away) for at least 5 minutes while it tried to crack a Hermit Crab shell but finally gave up and swam away. It was an amazing creature with a head as big as a log and truely something I will remember for many years to come.

Biggest turtle i've ever seen underwater, the shell had to be 4 feet tip to tail and I didn't take my camera.

Hope you feel better soon !

Chris

Wow, that Loggerhead encounter sounds awesome!! We have seen them before, but only in Bahamas/Florida area, and they are always very calm and unaffected by divers. It is such a treat to see one. I hope this means that they are moving into the Cozumel area!!!

Yeah, the cold sucks... but at least it makes sense why I was so tired the last 2 days of the trip. I wanted to night dive those last two nights, but skipped it due to fatigue. I guess the cold was creeping up on me at that time.

Keep posting for everyone Chris! And take that darned camera with you!!!

robin

Was it this one?

PICT0026.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom