Trip Report Back in the water in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Today was my last dive day for this trip. I did 2 dives with Starfish out of Boynton. Capt Chris, Madi, and Ren were on the boat, only 5 divers.

It was a beautiful sunny day, seas were 1-2 feet. For both dives, there was a very mild south current. Water temperature was the highest of the week 80-81 degrees. Visibility was good, +/- 50 feet.

The first dive was on the Castor. The ball was attached to the bow. There were 6-8 big Barracuda hanging out on the bow. Back at the stern, there were only a couple of Goliath Grouper. With the minimal current, they may have been hanging out off the wreck. There was a gorgeous large school of Crevalle Jack that circled me for several minutes, silver glinting in the sun. There was also a large school of Bermuda Chub.

The second dive was a very relaxing drift from Black Condo through Gulfstream. The dive was packed by all of the usual reef fish.

This was a very nice visit, I got in 11 dives in the 5 dives I had available to me. As usual, I'm looking forward to my next visit.

.... Water temperature was the highest of the week 80-81 degrees. Visibility was good, +/- 50 feet.
Ooohhh Yaaa, that's warmed up :gas: . Friday is the 1st day of the 4 month LF tourney. Tanks & gear are ready. Thank you for the conditions reports !!

Water temperature was the highest of the week 80-81 degrees. Visibility was good, +/- 50 feet.

Finally! Looking forward to my return to diving the end of next month and being able to wear a 3mm!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom