Back on board...Thailand trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TJO:
When and where in Okinawa? Eriko and I may go down...
Probably over the weekend of the 21/22 May - I'll take a few days off either side to make up for my missed GW.

As to where - not really sure. Probably the main Island to keep the travelling down, though I would prefer Kerema or Yonoguni for obvious reasons...

See you Saturday - the gear is all ready and the HID battery on charge, guess I won't be needing the weight belt!

Just added a few more sets of doubles to the rental locker if you guys are headed our way. Final rebuild being done this week so should have 4 boats in the water by then.

(Trimix should be ordered before arrival if desired, we are limited on mixing ability presently)

japan-diver:
Just added a few more sets of doubles to the rental locker if you guys are headed our way. Final rebuild being done this week so should have 4 boats in the water by then.

(Trimix should be ordered before arrival if desired, we are limited on mixing ability presently)

What kind of tanks do you have? We have both manifolded Steel 14L and Alu 80s here in Tokyo/Izu.

Well looks like the dates are set 12-16th May. I'm hoping to get permission to do some dives...

From what I can work out we are looking at main Island possibly around Kadena or Yaka Kin - not one for the geaography of Okinawa having never been there and I am trying to match up a Japanese brochure map to a map of Okinawa.

Would that put me in the right area for some diving? Looking at renting a car so should be able to travel a little.

Would love to get out to the Islands but the boss does not want to travel too far!

Kadena puts you right in the center and within 10 minutes of some great shore dives and a short trip from where most of the boats leave from. Yaka/Kin is a bit further away but still only 20 minutes or so.

If you guys need a hotel room we have several opening in our blocks yet for those dates I beleive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom