Back up gauges?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As Trace says, if you are looking in the DIR direction, you have to figure team into your list of resources.

If my gauge fails at depth, I will run my deco with my team. We plan for one major failure; a gauge failure qualifies. Team separation ON TOP of a gauge failure is running to what a friend calls "Little House on the Prairie" scenarios.

Before I could calculate my decompression status for myself, I kept a spare gauge in a pocket. That way, on a multi-day trip, if my primary gauge went south, I could step back to the backup. Now that I use my brain instead, I don't need to do that, and I don't.

......I run a hosed air-integrated computer clipped to lower right-side waist fixed D-ring, an SPG clipped to lower left-side waist fixed D-ring.......plus, a wrist computer (air-integrated/wireless) on my left wrist, along with a Poseidon watch on the left wrist as well. (so yeah, I overcompensate too!)
.....so, as I'm using 2 computers, I have 3 sources for seeing my gas levels, and 2 sources for seeing depth, I'd say it's a good idea to have 2 sources for depth readings......there are a number of small/compact 2 gauge consoles out there (gas pressure and depth), so if you want to save $ I'd at least go that route.

how many hp port you have on ur first stage? or you use a splitter?

Back
Top Bottom