Backplate and wings with pony tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also (gasp!) back mount my AL30 for solo diving. I just shift 5 pounds to the left pocket of my weight harness. Problem solved

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. Since I use the set up for SAR stuff too, think I'll go with the extra weight on the cam strap.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. Since I use the set up for SAR stuff too, think I'll go with the extra weight on the cam strap.

Just to be sure: Not extra weight on the camstrap, weight you pull off your weightbelt.

Apologies if you meant shifting weight, not adding weight.

Best wishes.

Bad wording on my part. I'll be switching weight to the cam strap. Already dropped a bunch cause of the backplate. Don't want to add it back on. Thanks.

this is the answer. everyone starts off that way cause it just seems to make sense, forget it, sling it and never look back,

I tried both slinging and backmounting my 19. Slinging wins.

I tried both slinging and backmounting my 19. Backmounting wins.

Then again, I'm using a vest BC, not a BP/W like the OP is concerned with.

YMMV.

this is the answer. everyone starts off that way cause it just seems to make sense, forget it, sling it and never look back,

I've been backmounting an AL 30 for 10 years with a BP/W. just because it works for you doesn't mean it works for everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom