Closed Backup wrist computer wanted

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NYCrecdiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

If any of you has been thinking to sell their computer; I am in the market for a wrist dive computer that can be backup to my Perdix 2 primary.
A computer with similar deco algorithm than the Perdix and ability to receive air signals from Shearwater/AquaLung transmitters would be great.

Cheers.

Hi @WilliamT

First of all, what GFs do you run on your Perdix 2?

The only computers that run Buhlmann with GFs and use a PPS or a Swift transmitter for AI are Shearwaters. Maybe you could find a used Perdix AI.

The Oceanic Geo Air runs DSAT (similar to a GF high of around 95) and PZ+ (similar to a GF high of around 85), It is new, computer goes for $550 or bundled with a PPS transmitter for $800 (that's $250 for the transmitter, usually $400). I've been diving an Oceanic VT3 running DSAT and a Shearwater Teric since 2019, both off the same transmitter.

You need to choose between having the same algorithm, or wirelesss AI. unless you get another Shearwater.

Hi @WilliamT

First of all, what GFs do you run on your Perdix 2?

The only computers that run Buhlmann with GFs and use a PPS or a Swift transmitter for AI are Shearwaters. Maybe you could find a used Perdix AI.

The Oceanic Geo Air runs DSAT (similar to a GF high of around 95) and PZ+ (similar to a GF high of around 85), It is new, computer goes for $550 or bundled with a PPS transmitter for $800 (that's $250 for the transmitter, usually $400). I've been diving an Oceanic VT3 running DSAT and a Shearwater Teric since 2019, both off the same transmitter.
Thanks @scubadada !

On the Perdix, I kept the GF at its default of 40/85. I haven't really done enough reading yet into the GF business to make changes.

As you're diving a Shearwater with an Oceanic on DSAT, does that mean you've set the Shearwater's GF upper value to 95?

Thanks @scubadada !

On the Perdix, I kept the GF at its default of 40/85. I haven't really done enough reading yet into the GF business to make changes.

As you're diving a Shearwater with an Oceanic on DSAT, does that mean you've set the Shearwater's GF upper value to 95?
Yes, I dive my Teric on 80/95. I have posted quite a bit on Buhlmann and DSAT, would be easy to find through search. Become familiar with SurfGF, It's the best way to control your surfacing GF

You need to choose between having the same algorithm, or wirelesss AI. unless you get another Shearwater.
Thanks @tursiops. AI is of secondary importance for backup computer.

Thanks @tursiops. AI is of secondary importance for backup computer.
In that case get the Deep6 Excursion wrist computer. It uses essentially the same algorithm as your Perdix. It will "soon" get a firmware upgrade and be even more closely matched to the Perdix. But, no AI.

I have a Deep 6 Excursion for sale for $275 shipped. Here is a link to the product description.

Attachments

• EC2C6782-FF23-4EBB-BD0D-302296196A5E.jpeg
    EC2C6782-FF23-4EBB-BD0D-302296196A5E.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 53
  • BE0A70B9-2D45-48F2-BB8F-246689344F5B.jpeg
    BE0A70B9-2D45-48F2-BB8F-246689344F5B.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 5FBE04A5-284D-426A-8753-21330AA8415D.jpeg
    5FBE04A5-284D-426A-8753-21330AA8415D.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 39
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back