Bad dive center Lumbarda, Croatia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi actually writing to warn you away from a terrible center we visited last week. . . stay away from the center in Lumbarda, on Korcula island in Croatia, not pro at all, crap material and nasty moniteur. derwater Croatia is beautiful, its a shame to have centers like this dirtying the image!

banana.gif
wavey.gif

WELCOME TO
:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:
do tell ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Hi actually writing to warn you away from a terrible center we visited last week. . . stay away from the center in Lumbarda, on Korcula island in Croatia, not pro at all, crap material and nasty moniteur. derwater Croatia is beautiful, its a shame to have centers like this dirtying the image!
Can you be more specific? :huh:

Which diveshop?
What did the guide do wrong?
What was wrong with the material?

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to Central and Eastern Europe.

Can you be more specific? :huh:

Which diveshop?
What did the guide do wrong?
What was wrong with the material?

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to Central and Eastern Europe.
Can we tell a name of dive center on forums, is there no risk of slandering?

I don't know suissediver.

You can name the dive op if you want but you need to prove your case. Otherwise, your credibility will take a huge hit.

Also, we inform the dive op of this thread and invite them to reply.

In the tort of Libel, a business such as a dive operation enjoys the same protections as does any individual. The writer is best protected by "truth is the defense".

Unfortunately, no specific acts were referenced, and in the same vein as Penn and Teller do their TV Show called Bull"Poop", if you call someone a "thief" (or similar) you might have a problem, if you call them a horse's butt, you're off the hook.

He has, so far, said nothing actionable.... unless they are a "Pro" center, but that would be reaching.

SCUBABoard itself is held to a similar standard, but has some leeway in terms of time they have to remove such posts.

Either way, the likelihood of even filing or winning such a case is nil.

Slander is the spoken version of libel, an even harder proof.

I don't know suissediver.

No one does. It is your typical first post rant. So many people log on to message boards just to cause a problem or vent their spleen. Could have been his third dive and had nary a clue what to expect.

:klo: He was over at Lonely Planet, passion-plongee.com and Plongeur.com with the same crapola.

:klo: He was over at Lonely Planet, passion-plongee.com and Plongeur.com with the same crapola.
I didn't know that you also understand French.

I find there are more suppressions of posts and closings of threads by moderators on Plongeur.com than on Scubaboard.

Last edited:
Un peu. :)

I find there are more suppressions of posts and closings of threads by moderators on Plongeur.com that on Scubaboard.
We try to let the members tell us what they like or don't like. Unless we're having a bad day... :evil:

No one understands the French. I can read it as well as Spanish, German, Russian and some other languages. Did I miss something on the posts?

I find there are more suppressions of posts and closings of threads by moderators on Plongeur.com than on Scubaboard.

That's because very few things get suppressed or moderated on SCUBABoard.

ElOrans:
Unless we're having a bad day...

Or because they simply have no clue as to the intent or context.

Come play on usenet rec.scuba groups.

Back
Top Bottom