Bahamas- Carribean Explorer II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
has anyone been on this liveaboard? I am considering going in May 2011. any info on this particular boat? how is the diving in the bahamas in May? water temp? visibility? what is there to see?
thank you!

Yup - been on this one. In a word, it was fun. Fun on board and fun diving.

Boat - nothing special. Functional and well equipped. Little hot sometimes up in the dining / living room - but all in all the boat fits the bill. Probably the highest entry point (giant stride) I've ever made in my life - but nothing to worry about.

Crew - laid back, professional, fun, will entertain you endlessly. Some of them are just about certifiable - but they are all great.

Food - American style buffet and lots of it. Nearly hurt myself one night by eating so much!

Diving - just about no current at all, anywhere - so very safe. Fantastic viz. Occasional hammerheads, lots carib reef shark. Some turtles, rays. Schooling snapper etc etc. I used a 5.5mm as did my wife and one of the crew. Some guys were there with lycra skinsuits! This, they regretted - and apart from looking like turkeys, they got really cold. 3mm would probably suffice.

I look back to my week on that boat as a money well spent and good fun. Not the best diving I've ever done but we had a great time.

If you've got specific questions - please ask and I'll try to help.

(we were there in May also)

this was one of the aforementioned sharkies from that trip (Exp II)

Attachments

• Reef Shark 11.jpg
    Reef Shark 11.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 56

Back
Top Bottom