Bahamas Cruise Diving - Cocoay & Nasssau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wanadive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
RCL - Soverign of the Seas offers 2 dives. One Shore Dive in Cococay and one in Nassau- 2 tank dive. Not sure if it is a shore or boat dive.
Would like to book the excursions, however I am seeking information. Has anyone participated in either? If so can you give me some insights. Thank you - Wanadive

wanadive:
RCL - Soverign of the Seas offers 2 dives. One Shore Dive in Cococay and one in Nassau- 2 tank dive. Not sure if it is a shore or boat dive.
Would like to book the excursions, however I am seeking information. Has anyone participated in either? If so can you give me some insights. Thank you - Wanadive

There's a section here on SB for cruise ship diving for future reference: http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=207

I'd say you're booked on weekend warrior cruise (they run the same itinerary on Majesty OTS out of Miami). I do the run on Majesty once or twice a year.

In Coco Cay (Little Stirup Cay on the nautical charts), you'll take a tender to the island. If it's rough, they can't stop there since the tenders can't run. Once you're on the island, you go to the shop and they'll set you up with whatever gear you need and your tanks. The dive itself is quite nice, you'll swim out to the reef from their protected cove, the reef is in decent shape with a good variety of life to be seen. To return to the cove, you'll grab a line and be towed back riding a "sled" attached to a waverunner.

In Nassau, the dive operator will be Stuart Cove's. Stuart Cove will not allow you to book the dive directly so you must book it with the ship. Pack light, you have a 10 minute walk to where the van picks you up. From there, you have a 25-30 minute ride to shop/boat. It's easiest to book excursions directly on RCCL's website, just remember to do it at least 10 days before departure since they close that option 10 days out. I love diving in Nassau, good reefs, lot's of sharks, and they've been sinking wrecks to take the pressure off the reefs. Did I mention there's lots of sharks :)

Enjoy your cruise, make sure you join the Crown and Anchor Society with RCCL as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom