Bahamas Dive Site Coordinates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bw5then

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
looking for as many dive site coordinates from the outer islands in the bahamas as I can get... going to spend a couple of weeks down there in the fall.

Well, now you're asking for something worth a lot of money to a lot of folks. Do you give up willingly the numbers to your favorite fishing rigs? There is a reason those numbers aren't available online.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a butthole (if I did), but numbers is numbers. Dive shops would rather have you dive with them than just give you the numbers to their sites. If they give you the numbers, what's to keep you from publishing the numbers on the web, then everyone has the numbers. It just isn't in anyone's interest fro numbers to be made public. My advice would be to go to the Big Game Club or Bimini Undersea or whomever and buy some gas and hire a divemaster for the day. That will get you some numbers, anyway. I don't like to be the bearer of bad news, but that's how numbers work.

I tried to buy the numbers from Nekton Diving Cruises. They were too rich for my blood. I offered 4 figures, they wanted 5.

Your not being an a-hole, that is a common position for people to take. It is 2012 though and GPS coordinats of dive sites are kind of like an "open secret". Even here on Lake Travis where the water ways are public I know there is irritation when one boat puts a buoy in the water ( typically just a clorox bottle tied to a rope ) and another boat dares use it for "free" when "they" did all the work.

The US Goverment is this way with classified information. Classified information could be published in a book, aired on CNN, put on SlashDot whatever and it's still classified even though it's available in the public domain.

Here's an cool website:

Bimini Islands Scuba diving sites and snorkel spots with GPS coordinates - Dive Spots

Will those coordinates put you right on a mooring line? Who knows... but there's a start.

Thanks guys, I knew this would be a fishing trip of its own... It's hard enough to find any around here in the gulf unless you go get em yourself. I am finding a few here and there, just trying to maximize our diving when we go, and spend less time " looking for a good site" . Thanks to all

I tried to buy the numbers from Nekton Diving Cruises. They were too rich for my blood. I offered 4 figures, they wanted 5.
I did all the Nekton itineraries multiple times (26 trips with them total) and have all thier coordinates (I always put the coordinates in my dive log). Could they be worth 5 figures???

Last edited:
No, just tell me about this 5 figure business!
:)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom