Bahamas Help me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tavi, you should get a commission from these guys. We are in a mid-size town, so trips to anywhere worth diving usually require long layovers, changing planes, changing airlines, changing terminals, dragging luggage, multiple security checks (my favorite). There only exception is one direct flight to Grand Bahama. We went there once and stayed at Our Lucaya and dove with Unexso, and we didn't care for either one. Because of that we haven't been back, even though it's the cheapest and easiest place for us to get to. I agree with you on Willie Broadleaf's though--not your typical buffet. But with your recommendations, looks like we're going back now!

phil,
we just went to Grand Bahama in May and got a great deal through TRAVELZOO.COM at the Crown Plaza Resort, we stayed on the "country club" side which used to be a holiday inn, it was a clean room with a king bed, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. the pools are real nice. we got the room at $62.50 a night thru travelzoo, about 1/2 price. the food at the resort was a little high but it sits right next to the international bazzar shopping center, kind of a tourist shop place, and there are some good restaurants and bars in there that are a lot more reasonable, Micheal's, La Roundevous and there is a good chocolate & ice cream shop there not to be missed.
In Lacaya there's a place called Pisces, that is the best food we found on the island.
also check out Pier One, they have nightly shark feedings at 7:00, 8:00 and 9:00pm, it's kind of romote form things so the cab ride is high about $11 one way, but the food is very good there also.
we dove with Nick and Karen Rolle of Sunn Odyssey Divers, great people with a 20 year perfect safety record. I would highly recommend diving with them, they will pick you up at the resort and take you to the dive boat so you don't have to worry about transportation. we had a great time with them and i have heard some bad things about most of the other dive operators on the island and i couldn't find a single bad review on these guys. check them out on the web www.sunnodysseydivers.com if you go with them tell them Marc & Lore from Texas say howdy!
we flew american eagle out of Miami and were able to get round trip tickets for $120 with taxes and all i think they came to about $350 for the both of us.

hope this helps have a great trip!
God Bless,
Sharky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom