OM-1 possible configurations, what's the right one for me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The EM1
Was it substantially less expensive than buying a brand new EM1-3? What are you doing for housing?
The em1-3 can sell for $1200-1800 new online. I got the refurbished unit from OM for $800.

I already have an EM1-3 so I know I like the camera but ju.pung between my EPL10, EM5-3, EM1-3 is too much brain power, I'm slimming downy kit to just 2x EM1-3s.

Several questions here. I have the OM-1 in the AOI housing. Using the 30 macro lens and the Nauticam MWL1 (yes it is $$) you can do all you want. Similarly you can use the 12-50 with a dual flip adapter and a CMC type diopter and the AOI wide adapter. As for strobes, I have a room full but usually shoot the MF-2 from Backscatter for both macro and close focus, but for true wide I will use the Z330. Not much if any quality degradation if you use "good" wet lenses
Bill
Hi
I am interested in using this camera for video in a small housing, but do you find it's white balance problematic past 20-30 ft? What set up- ie what port- with the AOI housing allowed use of the MWL BTW?
Thanks
Doug C.

Several questions here. I have the OM-1 in the AOI housing. Using the 30 macro lens and the Nauticam MWL1 (yes it is $$) you can do all you want. Similarly you can use the 12-50 with a dual flip adapter and a CMC type diopter and the AOI wide adapter. As for strobes, I have a room full but usually shoot the MF-2 from Backscatter for both macro and close focus, but for true wide I will use the Z330. Not much if any quality degradation if you use "good" wet lenses
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom