Strobes for the OM-1 with the AOI housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FedeQ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, so thank to some opinions here I'm going with the AOI housing for the OM-1. Any advice for a good set of strobes? I'm trying to stay as compact as possible but i need good wide angle power but, at the same time, good macro capabilities. I'm thinking the Sea & Sea YS-D3 DUO, I read that is fast and powrfull, not small, but they dont seem huge. I like the snoot. I wish they had blue filters, but maybe i can DIY some. Anyway, any ideas are welcome.
Cheers

the Ys-3 duo or the soon coming Marelux if you wish to use RC for wide angle. The Marelux are bigger and heavier than the D3 Duo, but more power (which with MFT won't be an issue "most" of the time"

the Ys-3 duo or the soon coming Marelux if you wish to use RC for wide angle. The Marelux are bigger and heavier than the D3 Duo, but more power (which with MFT won't be an issue "
Do you mean that te MFT needs less light than a full frame rig? why?

lots of time you are using full power to be able to set aperture so you get the depth of field you want, and MFT is giving more depth of field at given exposures than full frame because of sensor size. With MFT you can often get the shot with less power output. That is the argument some make to say you don't need the bigger strobes , I disagree as even when true, it's nice to have the faster recycle times of a big strobe doing say half power versus full power, and every now and then full power of a big strobe comes in handy

I hear bad things about the YS-3 DUO's quality, and the Q1 from AIO seems very weak, similar to the MF2 from backscatter. I need somethig that works for wide angle too. Would the Inon S220 be a good match?

I hear bad things about the YS-3 DUO's quality, and the Q1 from AIO seems very weak, similar to the MF2 from backscatter. I need somethig that works for wide angle too. Would the Inon S220 be a good match?
The Y3 Duo literally just came out, it's may be better, may not.

The S220 may be a decent match, you won't get RC TTL.

do you want RC TTL, normal TTL or OK with manual? What is your budget?

You said you want good macro, you plan on using a snoot? Do you see using flip lenses and doing wide/macro same dive or more dedicated wide dive or macro dive?

do you want RC TTL, normal TTL or OK with manual? What is your budget?

You said you want good macro, you plan on using a snoot? Do you see using flip lenses and doing wide/macro same dive or more dedicated wide dive or macro dive?
i'll be using wet lenses and flipping between macro and wide. I just need something not too big and heavy but good enough for wide. I can use my MiniFlash for dedicated macro dives. If I cannot have RC TTL maybe I could live with regular TTL on the OM-1?

The Y3 Duo literally just came out, it's may be better, may not.

The S220 may be a decent match, you won't get RC TTL

Is the S220 stronger than the Q1?

T
Is the S220 stronger than the Q1?
They both claim GN22, some have said that the Q1 may be overated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom