Bahamas in December- Recomendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dashark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Planning a trip to the Bahamas in December. Looking for recomendations on which island has access to the best diving. Is this a good time of year to go? Also looking for dive operator and lodging recomendations. Kid friendly preferred....

Thanks for your time.....
Danny

Set on staying on an island? Several liveaboards cruise the Bahamas every week and go to lesser used sites. I'm going on the Juliet in October and we'll do 4 dives a day and several different sites.

If it were entirely up to me, I would always choose the liveaboard. However, my family is coming with me, so, it is not an option....

dashark:
Planning a trip to the Bahamas in December. Looking for recomendations on which island has access to the best diving. Is this a good time of year to go? Also looking for dive operator and lodging recomendations. Kid friendly preferred....

I found it rather chilly in the winter - mid to upper 60s water temps. I can think of a lot of places I would rather go to in December.

There are a number of good operations with great diving. In the Out Islands Riding Rock in San Salvador & Small Hope Bay in Andros are good. I'm sure how kid friendly they are. On the bigger islands Stuart Cove's in Nassau and Unexso in Freeport are good. Both of these operations have hotels with kid packages.

Riding Rock on San Salvador gets my vote. We saw Hammerheads on every dive the entire week. Awesome diving!@

good point about the cold water. doesn't bother me, but, my wife likes it clear and warm.
we are actually adding on to a work trip to Florida and thought the Bahamas would be a quick hit from there as we normally go through there fro L.A.....Maybe we will just "buck up" and go the the Caymans....
any other recommendations for the Carribean that time of year?

Thanks for the quick replies...
Danny

We spend 2 weeks each year on Grand Bahama Island. It's close, has great diving, and Airfare isn't outrageous. There is lots to do and see when your topside.

We stay at Ocean Reef Yacht Club and Resort.

We dive with Grand Bahama Scuba.

GBS was recently voted No 1 in the Bahamas by Scuba Diving Magazine!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom